The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hello all!

Rooky

affiliate
I own a small business and provide a service to the public. I've been in business for fourteen years now. I'm not getting rich but making a decent living.

I would really like to learn about affiliate marketing, creating my own website, niches, etc. but I have no clue on where to start. My goal would be to generate another income on the side of what I'm already doing now including further educating myself. I understand that a lot of affiliate marketers have some type of experience using the tools needed but I don't possess any. I would be totally green venturing into the business. I do have time on my side and I have no expectations of generating an income right away. Can someone point me into the right direction, maybe offer some tips and or advice?

Thanks in advance for any help given!

Hi Rooky,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started.

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche, so next go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding your niche.

There are hundreds of ways to get started so we can't just tell you how, it may not be the best way for you. But after you pick a niche and get some ideas about what direction you want to go then we can maybe give you some more specific ideas.

Welcome to 5 Star Forums, Rooky. :)
Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Hi Rooky,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started.

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche, so next go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding your niche.

There are hundreds of ways to get started so we can't just tell you how, it may not be the best way for you. But after you pick a niche and get some ideas about what direction you want to go then we can maybe give you some more specific ideas.
Thank you very much Linda, I really appreciate the direction. I've really wanted to do learn Affiliate Marketing for a very long time. I do work full time already running my own business but like most businesses it's hurry up and wait. I'm ready to learn a new business and give myself another opportunity to further my ambitions.

The one thing that I've learned in life is that the more skills you have the more independent you are. The downside to working for yourself is when you don't have a sound enough and structured plan in affect for your future; hence retirement, rainy day's etc.

I really thank all of you from my deepest heart for any help and direction that you give me.

MI
Back