The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Hello Affiliates!

jmk909er

affiliate
Hi my name is Joe, I am totally new to this stuff. I work at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot here in San Diego, for 20 years so far as an engineer/project manager. I am looking to be an affiliate marketer to increase my income for now and for after retirement in about 8 years. I have an IT Bachelors degree and am very computer savvy and its kind of a hobby of mine. I am married and have 3 kids.

I am getting very excited about this new affiliate adventure and looking forward to getting it off the ground. I want to be in this forum to get objective real world advice and guidance on how to get started. I have been doing a lot of research but it is hard to figure out what the real deal is with all the money making pitches out there.

I am going to start posting in the newbies section-bye

Hey Joe,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

I'm right up in San Marcos and just took visiting family to the SD Children's Museum and La Jolla Shores yesterday so was down your way.

I have been reading all the stickys and there is a lot of good stuff. I think my biggest hurdle will be finding my niche but I am learning a lot from this forum. Thanks for your reply!

I have been reading all the stickys and there is a lot of good stuff. I think my biggest hurdle will be finding my niche but I am learning a lot from this forum. Thanks for your reply!

Hi Joe, Welcome to the forum. You're in the right place, there's a lot of good people here, with plenty of experience and a willingness to share.

A quick hint, or two :), from me about finding your niche:

1) Look for two things - where the money is, and where there is plenty of competition (don't be scared of it - just be a better marketer than the rest) because competition points shows there is money being made.

2) Look for what I call 'hair on fire' niches. Niches where there is a strong urgency therefore a willingness to spend (ie Get your ex back, Cure Acne, Dog barking etc)

3) You will probably find yourself working in two or three niches over time. I work, and coach, in the Affiliate Marketing/Make Money niches and two other micro niches that I completely dominate (and, sorry, no I won't tell you what they are :) )

Good luck with new venture. The rewards are worth it!!

Thanks for the reply, I have an idea for a niche market but how can I discuss it and get feed back about it, should I post it or keep it to myself and just try to research it on my own?

Joe, if it's a micro niche, with little or no competition, you may want to keep it to yourself so that you don't get a rush of people wanting to cash in on it - thereby creating competition for you. I have 2 like that.

If it's part of a major niche (say Stop Dog Biting) discussing it openly should be no problem. However, let's say you discover a relatively unknown micro niche with enough searches (as a silly example, say Stop Dog Biting Little Old Ladies On Our Street) you may want to keep hush about it.

Actually I would start with a major niche if I was you because they have proved to be profitable as shown by the high level of competition in the niche People soon desert niches that don't pay them well.

MI
Back