The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

hard drive...or...memory...

rain_wind

affiliate
i'm an amateur user of computer so i don't have much knowledge about it. I am trying to exploit and I encountered confusing terms (for me). The word MEMORY CAPACITY and HARD DRIVE CAPACITY, are there different? I read the specification of my laptop, and it says that MEMORY: DDR2 SO-DIMM x 2 slot MAXIMUM: 2GB. What does it mean? And I read from a site that the HARD DRIVE CAPACITY is 80GB to 250GB. I have a better understanding of this hard drive thing. But still please explain it more.:helpsign:. Thank u.

Memory normally means RAM (Random Access Memory) which holds all the data that is being used while the computer is running...when you turn off the computer there is no data holded on the RAM...

Hard Drives is were all the storage is held. This is where you save stuff too...

i agree. memory is the temporary location of data/info that is currently used while the hard drive is where data/info is stored.

Generally the more memory you have, the faster your computer will run, and the more programs you can have open at the same time. I wouldn't recommend buying a new PC with less than 2GB - more is better.
Hard-drives are getting bigger all the time. The bigger it is, the more photos, games, video, etc you can store. But remember you can also back stuff up onto CDs or DVDs to free up space if necessary. These days 80GB is not that big, but you could make do with it if you need to.

i'm an amateur user of computer so i don't have much knowledge about it. I am trying to exploit and I encountered confusing terms (for me). The word MEMORY CAPACITY and HARD DRIVE CAPACITY, are there different? I read the specification of my laptop, and it says that MEMORY: DDR2 SO-DIMM x 2 slot MAXIMUM: 2GB. What does it mean? And I read from a site that the HARD DRIVE CAPACITY is 80GB to 250GB. I have a better understanding of this hard drive thing. But still please explain it more.:helpsign:. Thank u.

Memory capacity means "how much your computer can handle RAM/ temporary storage device" and x2 mean the number of slots your unit have. and never exceed 2gig ram and hard drive capacity means how mow much memory space you have in your storage device...

hard drive is like a bookshelf, you can store your books there.

but you can not read a book in a bookshelf. :D you need to take a book to a desktop and read it. so Ram is like a "desktop" where the "book" is processed.

so in short, hard drive is to store data, and ram is a place where the data/programs runs.

bigger ram helps your pc runs faster.

but it not always true. a play ground of 100000 square kilometers would not limit your run speed, and a play ground of 1000000000000 square kilometers would not eighther. :D what i mean is too many ram is just a waste. :)

Ram of 2G is enough for everyday use. :)

i think that this phrase "MEMORY: DDR2 SO-DIMM x 2 slot MAXIMUM: 2GB"

you can put 2 memory stick, 2 gb per stick if im not mistaken :D

banners
Back