The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Happy to be here, a little about myself

TBaxaFSU

affiliate
First off I would like to say I have been lurking around the forums a bit and this seems to be one of the most involved and helpful net communities available. From what I have read everyone seems to be helpful and very well mannered..

Now to introduce myself. My name is Tim Baxa and I am from Buckhannon, WV. I currently attend Fairmont State University in Fairmont, WV, as a Business Information Systems Manager. I am currently a junior-- nearly a senior and cannot wait to be done with school! :) I have recently got over a serious drug addiction I had I would rather not talk about and am trying to find a hobby to keep myself occupied.

When I was 14 or 15 ( cannot remember, exactly) I was a member at selfstartersweeklytips and the forum over there was very helpful also. I created a site called fastcashquick.com or something along those lines. I didn't really know too much of what I was doing and became inpatient ( wish i would have stuck with it and I would be 7 years in now.) My website basically consisted of a bunch of articles , some aimed to try to sell a particular affiliate product, others just to try to make money off of Google ad sense. I made a small amount of money but like I said, I was only 15 years old, I didnt have much patience and didn't really understand how everything worked.

I have recently been heavily considering getting back into affiliate marketing.I have not got any particular ideas to start my first site but I am still in the planning stage.

If everyone doesn't mind critiquing my strategy to get back into things it would be greatly helpful! Please feel free to give me any suggestions or tell me what I am doing is wrong.

I plan on making basically creating blogs using wordpress to promote affiliate programs , possibly include adsense.I know it needs to be something I like or am able to write useful content about but im still in the brainstorming stage on that part. I plan on using ClickBank products or maybe some other affiliate network. I have also been looking into maybe making landing pages for particular keywords with good products that I believe has the possibility to convert using Google Adwords. For my first blog/site I am trying to find something where I can get to the first page of google for the particular keywords i am aiming for. I believe realistically with my SEO capabilities ( which are not great) I need to aim for my keyword to produce somewhere between 10,000 and 60,000 results.

Another idea I have had was to possibly make a blog on how I got clean from my addiction which is sort of targeted because of the way I was consuming the drug. ( no, no needles) And kind of be there for people for a self help and inspiration. Also some over the counter things that helped me get through everything. But i have checked into the keywords and everything to do with drugs and addictions on help is a pretty targeted market with a lot

Any help or critique is more than welcome...

thanks a lot,
Tim

Welcome to the forums! Great to have another new face :) I'm new myself so I can't really give you much advise, but I wish you good luck!

Hi Tim!

Sounds like you're already on a good track! And you can definitely use your personal experiences for your future affiliate marketing efforts.

You're gonna have to stay organized and do one thing at a time to make it work. You should definitely start to look for a niche in which you can promote products. Maybe like sel-help ebooks for instance. There are some about addictions if i'm not mistaking. You can check out the Clickbank.com marketplace. And I guess doing artcle marketing will be the best option for you as you'll be able to write quality content to drive traffic to your website/blog.

Feel free to ask questions in the forum, you can contact me anytime if you have specific questions too.

I wish you all the best and please don't stop believing that you can make this work. :)

Cheers,

Louise

Welcome to the forums, Tim! Enjoyed reading your experience.

Many people say that it's a lot easier to promote and sell real products as opposed to ClickBank products, and that's my experience as well. Not to say it can't be done, obviously, but it's something to keep in mind. Also, I think your personal experiences will lend valuable credibility if you do a site in that vein.

I wish you the best and hope we can help you as you have questions!

MI
Back