The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Happy May Two-Four, Canada!

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
Queen Victoria's Birthday, Victoria Day......Whatever you call it, we all know it as May 24 (Pronounced two-four for those who don't know).

This is a Canadian's unofficial start of summer, camping and beer drinking.

Sidenote: Beer comes in what we call a two-four. Coincidence? :D

strange brew platform GIF by Warner Archive

May 24 long weekend, it typically (always) rains. Most people in our area take that as fact. At least this year in southwestern Ontario, we are blessed with a super hot and humid start to the holiday weekend. Rain to follow for the next two days, of course.

Regardless of how you're celebrating this year, my fellow Canucks, have fun, stay safe and raise your glass or bottle to the (long dead) Queen for giving us a long weekend.

HAPPY MAY 2-4!
Canadian Flag GIF

We've had fireworks every night, starting Friday. One or two of the neighbours set them off and the rest of us sit in our yards and woot and clap for the good ones. Different neighbours doing it each night. Last night we had a neighbour on each side of the street setting them off, it was a really great show!

We are in our second continuous month of stay at home orders, so this kind of community sharing feels really good.

Today is the actual holiday but tonight will have a very very pared down fireworks show. Typically, on the last night it's just a few somewhere down the street. I don't mind, I like fireworks, I'll take what I can get. :)

So, when the throne passes to the new King the holiday ends?
King's Day new date.
:D Happy, Happy
I don't think it will end but having an added one for Charlie's birthday would be okay with everybody. :D

Can't quite picture him in that King role, it's going to be strange.

banners
Back