The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Guest Blogging

bigcat1967

Just wondering if you guys do a lot of guest blogging. I've never done it but I'm thinking about doing a little w/in a couple of my niches.

Also - how do you really go about guest blogging? Do you find a blog w/in your niche and send an e-mail to the owner of the site and ask if he/she is interested in allowing a well-written blog from you?

Also - do you guys have any experience with myBlogGuest dot com?

I don't have any experience with it, but I'm looking for some places I can guest post right now. Most that allow it will give you 2 in content backlinks in exchange for your content. If these links are on a decent PR blog, they are very effective.

If I find anything useful I will post here.

Good luck.

I've done guest blogging, and would say it's not just about the backlinks. It's also about letting new readers find out about your blog.

I've searched for other blogs that are in complimentary niches that will have visitors who might be interested in my niche. I try to find blogs that have large numbers of visitors (remember, PR is a less-than-perfect way of judging the "value" of the blog for backlinks or number of visitors). Then I email the owner, suggesting a couple of topics that might interest them. I do NOT put any links (affiliate or otherwise) in the article/post itself, just a link back to my site in the author area. (Some bloggers have added an introduction themselves, which may also have a link.) Nearly 100% have been grateful to have someone else add some content to their site.

I am a member at MyBlogGuest.com (joined it during its initial stages), but I've never spent that much time trying to see if it was easier than just doing what I outlined above. But it's probably something I should put on a list to revisit.

From my experience is even more powerful than simple posting your articles to article directories. The thing is, your articles must be well spun to get them accepted by many blog owners.

Bigcat,

I haven't done it yet but I had the inspiration a few days ago to start interviewing the owners of a couple of blogs I like then we can both post the interview to our blog. I don't know how effective it will be in driving traffic to my blog but it sounds like a fun way to build new content, plus I'd really like to hear how things are going with these other bloggers.

I have some experience in that .
I email some bloggers to add to their list our plugins and they allow it , them I thanked them and tell him that I ready to do something like that for them .

I've done guest blogging, and would say it's not just about the backlinks. It's also about letting new readers find out about your blog.

I've searched for other blogs that are in complimentary niches that will have visitors who might be interested in my niche. I try to find blogs that have large numbers of visitors (remember, PR is a less-than-perfect way of judging the "value" of the blog for backlinks or number of visitors). Then I email the owner, suggesting a couple of topics that might interest them. I do NOT put any links (affiliate or otherwise) in the article/post itself, just a link back to my site in the author area. (Some bloggers have added an introduction themselves, which may also have a link.) Nearly 100% have been grateful to have someone else add some content to their site.

I am a member at MyBlogGuest.com (joined it during its initial stages), but I've never spent that much time trying to see if it was easier than just doing what I outlined above. But it's probably something I should put on a list to revisit.

This is good, Jay. Now I know why guest blogging is hot for Search Engine marketers. This helps me what to do in case if I want to guest blog someone's site.

Is guest blogging more about quantity or quality? I mean, are you more after the opportunity to write 50 low quality blogs or 5 high quality blogs? Or is one better sometimes and the other better other times?

I contacted a blogger who's blogged I generally like in my niche. He wasn't really a marketer or even an SEO person, he just liked to have a blog, and his content was really good.

I made a comment on his blog, then sent him an email. I told him I'd like to put one of his post on my blog and promised to put his link at the end of his post.

At the time my Blog was a PR4 blog his was a PR2. When he replied to my request to post his content. Surprisingly he said he would be "honored" that I'd even want his content on my site. He knew nothing about PR, he didn't even care, even though I did.

The funny thing is after the Google PR update, his site got upped to PR3 and I got demoted to PR2 I guess I'm the one who should be "honored" now:p lol Anyways no biggie, his links help my site, and mine help his all good

I contacted a blogger who's blogged I generally like in my niche. He wasn't really a marketer or even an SEO person, he just liked to have a blog, and his content was really good.

I made a comment on his blog, then sent him an email. I told him I'd like to put one of his post on my blog and promised to put his link at the end of his post.

At the time my Blog was a PR4 blog his was a PR2. When he replied to my request to post his content. Surprisingly he said he would be "honored" that I'd even want his content on my site. He knew nothing about PR, he didn't even care, even though I did.

The funny thing is after the Google PR update, his site got upped to PR3 and I got demoted to PR2 I guess I'm the one who should be "honored" now:p lol Anyways no biggie, his links help my site, and mine help his all good

How do you figure his links are helping?

Google seems to be cracking down on low quality "guest blogs". They have become the new reciprocal link exchanges and article marketing. Personally, I avoid both.

Google seems to be cracking down on low quality "guest blogs". They have become the new reciprocal link exchanges and article marketing. Personally, I avoid both.

Yes, that's a great question, and here's why I didn't feel too bad about getting bumped down by Google for my PR4 ranking. See my blog was barely 5-6 months old. Even though I thought my content was very good, even I didn't believe it should have been PR4, it was just too early, maybe later yes, but not a blog that new.
Secondly, the blogger I contacted I knew deserved the PR2 and even PR3 ranking, his content was highly technical, the age of the blog was a few years old as well, with many backlinks.

How I knew his blog would help is I checked my logs and Google analytics over a few months. I saw new, unique traffic trickling in from his blog as well as backlinks from his blog, not just Google search So my mindset was, whether I was a PR4 previously or PR2 now, His PR3 backlinks would help, not hurt long term. Also, other bloggers this guy had on his bloglist would see my blog. I could do the same thing and approach them networking, instead of appear out of no where.

I think Google will crack down if they can detect you're part of a link farm or any sort of odd link activity. They may not catch on initially, but if as they say they tinker with their algorithims more than 500 times monthly.yearly, they'll
prob catch on eventually. After Panda I saw a few of my pages go down in search, but a few weeks later, they continued to climb. I didn't worry too much about the initial drop, because I knew my competition didn't have the content to sustain their rank. So guest blogging does help, as long as it's relative to your blog niche. I think Googles next move in their algorithm is to put more emphasis on Bounce rate, that's my guess, but I suppose that's for another thread.

I personally look at guest blogging more for the traffic and to possibly pass on some trust. Rather have a guest post, than compete with 100's of other articles on a directory. Just seems more "personal". Plus getting tired of G's rules :)

Just my opinion.

Hmmm...sometimes Google Algorithms remain a mystery. Sometimes its so hard to take all kinds of time analyzing this or that. On the other hand, it's shocking that someone else who puts a link on your site can have an increased page rank while yours goes down. This is one of those unexpected incidences that sometimes just "throws webmasters for a loop."

I've done some guest posting. It really helps your rankings and also your blogging reputation. But when you guest blog you have to make sure you do so on authoritative blogs as that's what really helps.

hmm I never heard of guest blogging I might have to consider that ... ! but I would like to know myself if guest blogging is very effective as of today???

I'm new to this idea also... It sounds like a decent way to spread the word about your site, but that is going to take some serious time. I'm definitely going to do some research on "guest blogging" and see what sort of info I can find about it. It's new to me.

I have been doing guest blogging for 4 years already. It is one of the best ways to promote website in Google. For sure, on quality websites and topic-related niches.
I love myblogguest forum. You can find there many websites that look for guest articles or you can find there some guest writers that can write for your websites. And there are many different niches you ever need.
How to do guest blogging? It is simple for me and really interesting. Using real name under your article can give you much authority among writers and will affect Google too.
yes, you can contact the owner of the site or just there is the section like guest post, guest posting guidelines, write for us or become a contributor. and you just write what you want to cover the blog, your experience, recent guest posts and your site.
there are many interesting articles you can find in Google about guest posting.
but if you need some help about guest blogging, please, welcome. I can help you.

MI
Back