The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Guest Blogging

Mayvin

affiliate
I read somewhere that some of the strategies that were once used before are not going to work now since the last 2012 panda update. The main strategy I keep hearing that is effective for getting exposure to your blog or site if guest blogging. Have other people found that to be effective for bringing exposure to your site?

Guest blogging is still effective in my opinion. Unless you don't spam on every blog you see, and make unnecessary comments, I think you should be fine. It's a good way to add to the conversation, as well as bringing exposure to your site. You must make comments that add to the discussion in order for guest blogging to effectively work.

Guest blogging is still effective in my opinion. Unless you don't spam on every blog you see, and make unnecessary comments, I think you should be fine. It's a good way to add to the conversation, as well as bringing exposure to your site. You must make comments that add to the discussion in order for guest blogging to effectively work.

Mayvin asked about guest blogging not commenting on other peoples blog. Guest blogging has to do with posting your unique written articles on someones site in exchange for a link back to your site.

Mayvin I have not tried it yet but I am hoping to start doing so soon. It defiantly should not be done in a way that you simply submit as many articles you can to any site out there on the web. Rather you should look for sites where you can write in article sharing your expertise in a specific niche that is the same as that of your website.

When I first heard about guest blogging I opened up my travel blog to accept guest posts and received requests to publish a whole bunch of articles. Being I was happy to get all the free content I accepted their offers without first checking the link they were submitting with the article, something I now regret. So it ended up that I got a whole bunch of great travel articles but many of them are linking to sites that are not relevant to mine which does not help the person who submitted the guest post or me either for that matter.

I think if you are going to do guest blogging then you should do so on websites that are relevant to yours so that when people get around to your link they will click it because they see that you are knowledgeable on the subject.

The reason I think guest blogging is a good idea is because you get to get yourself out there before the eyes of a whole new readership who may not have known a thing about you or your website before and as if you provide them with valuable, helpful content they are more likely to click on your link and check out your website.

To sum it all up, I think that guest blogging if done right is a great way to get yourself out there as an expert in your niche and to ultimately get more traffic to your site.

I read somewhere that some of the strategies that were once used before are not going to work now since the last 2012 panda update. The main strategy I keep hearing that is effective for getting exposure to your blog or site if guest blogging. Have other people found that to be effective for bringing exposure to your site?

Sorry to be ignorant but what is the "2012 panda update"?

The 2012 Panda update was an update that Google made to their algorithm that was able to pick up and begin penalizing sites doing BAD SEO. That is where marketers started saying that SEO is Dead but as Matt Callen puts it, SEO is not dead but BAD SEO is DEAD!

Because of the update many sites lost rank because they were using SEO tactics that twisted Google's search algorithm in order to get good rankings.

The Panda update penalized low quality contents like those found in article directories. It was the Penguin update that penalized sites with low quality backlinks (i.e. bad SEO).

@Mayvin, Google have updated their link scheme guideline to include "massive guest posting". Here is what they said:

The following are examples of link schemes which can negatively impact a site's ranking in search results:
  • Large-scale article marketing or guest posting campaigns with keyword-rich anchor text links
Source: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356?hl=en

The Panda update penalized low quality contents like those found in article directories. It was the Penguin update that penalized sites with low quality backlinks (i.e. bad SEO).

@Mayvin, Google have updated their link scheme guideline to include "massive guest posting". Here is what they said:

The following are examples of link schemes which can negatively impact a site's ranking in search results:
  • Large-scale article marketing or guest posting campaigns with keyword-rich anchor text links
Source: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356?hl=en

Thanks for the correction @ViperDoveI got the 2 mixed up.

Of course it is very effective when used correctly. The key here is to leave comments on sites that are related to yours, not to spam other peoples sites by leaving URLs to you site on the comment area since most blogs have a place where you can leave you sites address and when someone hovers over your name he will be able to access your site. If you are website is about food then commenting on an engineering site wouldn't be very good for you site now, will it?

Mayvin

To sum it all up, I think that guest blogging if done right is a great way to get yourself out there as an expert in your niche and to ultimately get more traffic to your site.

I agree.

These days especially I think guest blogging needs to be approached with this level of professionalism. It's not just a way to get a backlink. It should be as originally intended, an expert from another blog sharing information that the reader of that particular blog might not have gotten otherwise. It's a way to enrich the reading experience of the visitors of that blog.

So this means the articles need to be well-written and unique and add value. They should be of the same high quality as the other articles on the blog -- and, of course, this means don't aspire to guest post on blogs that do not have high standards.

Guest blogging is one of the powerful ways of building strong, high-quality relationships that may help you in multiple ways, including developing business opportunities and professional connections, setting brand value and of course acquisition of link juice.

Guest blogging on a site with good traffic is a sure way to increase traffic. Not only that, you also get a link from the author bio which would constitute to better your ranking on search engines.

I believe that guest blogging is one of the most powerful and useful tools that any webmaster can use in the modern world of Google changes. The beautiful part of guest blogging is that there are countless benefits that can be created using this powerful method that other marketing tools cannot accomplish as easily as guest blogging can. The first advantage is direct traffic from these other websites. With 20, 30, or more guest posts you are bound to start driving some traffic from these websites. You also have the advantage of people sharing these other articles on social media further enhancing your exposure. You also have the advantage of building natural and genuine links back to your website. The final advantage is the ability to further establish yourself as an expert and authority in your chosen niche.

Guest blogging is great but it will depend with the site you are guest blogging for. Be sure to check out the PR of the site before you can start guest blogging for it. You do not want to waste a lot of time guest blogging for a low ranking blog.

Guest blogging more spam exercise, and if you’re doing a lot of visitor writing a blog then you’re clinging out with really bad organization. Back in the day, visitor writing a blog used to be a decent factor, much like getting a popular, well known writer to create the release of your guide.

Guest blogging is a marketing strategy that helps to both improve search engine positioning and establish your credibility within your niche.

Guest Blogging is a method used by bloggers to increase blog traffic where bloggers write posts to be published on other bloggers' blogs. Guest blogging can work in one of two ways:

• You write a post to appear on another person's blog.
  • Another person writes a post to appear on your blog.

Guest posting or blogging is no longer considered to be a white hat technique and so it has least importance from Google point of view. Do you remember, Google has penalized a guest blogging network i.e. myblogguest.com and so nearly all reputed sites gives No Follow links to avoid penalty.

banners
Back