The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Greetings

K3stroke

affiliate
Hello to all,

New to the forum here.......so feel free to falme me if i don something wrong. As far as my web background, i have been into building and maintaining computers for over 25 years.....(now 37 years young), 4 years ago i started to study HTML/CSS, and then completed a home learning course which was meant to take a year within 2 months, which showed me i was keen and enjoyed the actual learning. After that i let the learning slip due to the birth of my son, and now have recently got back into trying to start learning again.

I know i need HTML5 and CSS3, im also going to head down the PHP and mysql areas, i dabble with photoshop, and just find it difficult to muster up the enthusiasm, knowing there is a LONG way to go. I do feel i need a company to take me on, and give me some structure, but i also know nobody will touch you with a "bargepole" unless you have a portfolio. At the moment im an access engineer for a media company, and have met some SEO guys on my travells, which i also find interesting, but not sure if its for me.

Anyway thats my background, and i know it sounds like this entry should be in a web mag "dear Dierdre" column.

Bye for now

There is no denying that there's an awful lot to learn for anyone to become a proper webmaster. I myself started out purely as a designer working on Photoshop and had to eventually learn HTML, CSS and PHP to produce websites properly. I do a lot of freelance work so I needed all the skills.

Although, I have seen some designer friends who have managed to stick to design work only and pass on everything else to developers and programmers. I found extremely hard to manage people and it always bothers me to wait around for other people to do stuff for me, which is why I learned all the skills myself.

I know its tough finding work when you are starting out, but I suggest you should keep yourself busy with setting up a few small websites for yourself. This way, not only you will learn new stuff but can actually show people what you're capable of.

I like your enthusiasm and wish you all the best!

banners
Back