The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Great site

S

sgtsearch

Hello,

My name is Patrick - been doing this for years - and was glad to run across this site. Added to my bookmarks.

Please see my sig for our site - and feel free to add your UK resource. I have to run out and do a few errands - but when I get back I'll review some of the other threads -

Regards -
Patrick aka "SgtSearch"

ovi said:
www.sgtsearch.co.uk is yours, I have added lately some of our sites. Really cool site. Good job. I hope to see your posts also in this forum ;)

Ovi

You'll definitely see me around. Looks like the start of a very good resource you have here.

I've added a logo to yours. Once our crons runs - you'll be first in the category as well since no others are promoting in it or have added a logo :

http://www.sgtsearch.co.uk/uksearch/search.php?keyword=webmaster+world

Thanks for listing -

Patrick

ovi said:
Patrick, thanks a lot. Since when your site is running?

Ovi

The UK site has been up in some form (not always in directory form) since 2001 I believe.

Our page rank topped out at 7 in the middle of last year or so - but that's when we used imported DMOZ listings as well to improve our offering. We no longer use any DMOZ data.

It's been an uphill climb since then - but we'll get where I want to be with a little bit of effort.

How long has this site been around? I am suprised I've not seen it before or remember adding it to the directory.

Patrick,
Welcome to UK webmaster world, I'm please you found us. Nice engine sgtsearch, I added some of my sites a a year or two ago.

temi said:
Patrick,
Welcome to UK webmaster world, I'm please you found us. Nice engine sgtsearch, I added some of my sites a a year or two ago.

Thank you - looking forward to meeting with some other UK site owners.

sgtsearch said:
Our page rank topped out at 7 in the middle of last year or so - but that's when we used imported DMOZ listings as well to improve our offering. We no longer use any DMOZ data.

QUOTE]

Dumping DMOZ is an excellent idea, there are too many DMOZ supplemented directories or outright DMOZ clones out there, its difficult to create a unique directory from Dmoz , I used to do that with one of my directories too but like you I gave up using DMOZ data a few years back.

I think this I started this site in 2002 or so, it was originally mainly webmaster tools, I added the forum late 2003.

Welcome to UKWMW sgtsearch :)

Is this a UK only directory or can anyone list in there? I have a few sites that I wouldn't mind listing there.

Duke said:
Welcome to UKWMW sgtsearch :)

Is this a UK only directory or can anyone list in there? I have a few sites that I wouldn't mind listing there.

Yes - for now it is a UK only directory. I'll be adding some European additions soon. If the sites you want to add are American you can add them to the main dot com site.

Thanks for the welcome.

If you want to get technical Duke, some are hosted on US servers ;) but generally yes, our sites are North American based. Hasn't kept us away from this great site and resource however! :D

Welcome sgtsearch!

I didn't mention them being hosted on American Servers because that's irrelovant IMO. My site can be hosted on a European server but it's still a Canadian site by my way of thinking as the site owner lives in Canada.

banners
Back