The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Government cracks broadband whip

gkd_uk

Broadband firms could face formal action if they fail to give consumers accurate information about the speed they will get when they sign up.
The warning comes from Ofcom as it moves to ensure that net firms do not oversell broadband in advertising.

Customers should get specific data about the speed on their line or be able to back out of the deal.

The regulator said new guidelines on the selling of broadband should come into force early in 2008.

Read more

Yo guys lucky in UK... I had problems with my cable internet for about 3 month when connection was dropping or almost non-existing for 5-6 hours a day.

I called provider at least 20 times but nothing was done... When I tried to find a regulating agency to file the complaint - no one has authority to regulate and oversee internet services!!!

So at this point in US internet service providers can do whatever they want regarding quality of connection and there is nothing you can do about it.

The only option you have is to switch to different service but the problem is - only local cable TV company (Comcast in my case) can provide cable internet access (talking about monopoly)...
Other connections like DSL and satellite are much slower than cable, especially for me since I do a lot of work directly on the remote server.

It is about time too, it is crazy for someone to sign up to deals promissing 20meg internet when the reality is the distance from the exchange and contention ratios mean you will get one if you are lucky. Well done OfCom. I hope this is a precursor to implementing max contention ratios as well.

banners
Back