The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google's 2 sets of PR

temi

affiliate
After some blakmailing which included inviting myself to dinner at his house, OWG was kind enough (maybe frightened by my table manners :) to find the time to write an article he promised me about 2 years ago.
Its on a topic Bagi, others and I were discussing last week; Google two sets of PR. To cut a long story short..... excerpts from the article can be found below, the full article is posted here

Many people obsess about PageRank (PR); they crave it like some crack addict. They wake up in a bath of sweat so they can run into their office and check the Google toolbar. PageRank gotta have my fix, need it can’t live without it.
If only they realised that what THEY see is different to what GOOGLE see! If only they realised that Google has TWO sets of PageRank. Actual PR and Toolbar PR (TBPR).
TBPR is related to the actual PR that Google uses, but is not constant. TBPR is a value that was snapshotted a while before it is exported. Technically TBPR is never updated as that would suggest that it is brought up to date, it is not. It is simply snapshotted and exported to the toolbar at a later date (as later as 3 months on occasion). I believe it is indicative of what PR WAS, but not what it IS

Thank you for the article really valuable resource, I dugg that also;)

MI
Back