The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google search engine question

F

Flex

Up until today I placed first on page 1 for my domain name, now I only appear first if searching under .co.uk and not .com version of google. Any idea why this may be?

I have taken my index page off, and uploaded it again with added meta tags, would that have changed why i dont appear at the top anymore? Is it not weird to appear at the top of the page under .co.uk and not .com?

Confused

I just typed itechart in google and you came 1st on .com bot not even 2 pages into .co.uk so I'm a little confused.

I did notice that all the links on .co.uk results were about your company and included itechart in the meta info. It could be that google just considers these more relevant for some reason.

A good way to tell would be download a trial version of iBusiness Promoter which will give you some clues to why this has happened. You can target the reports at google.co.uk or .com as you wish and it gives you a percentage rating compared with the top 10 listings for your keyword.

I just typed itechart in google and you came 1st on .com bot not even 2 pages into .co.uk so I'm a little confused.

I did notice that all the links on .co.uk results were about your company and included itechart in the meta info. It could be that google just considers these more relevant for some reason.

A good way to tell would be download a trial version of iBusiness Promoter which will give you some clues to why this has happened. You can target the reports at google.co.uk or .com as you wish and it gives you a percentage rating compared with the top 10 listings for your keyword.

Thank you very much for advices =)

Google integrates all the results from all its servers over the world and generate the SERPs for google.com. If you search on google.co.uk, the result might mainly from uk. So, it is not weird. :)

Yeah, it sounds like you're hosting in the UK. Google puts a lot of weight on position depending on this, and if you're a relatively new site then it's not uncommon for you not to rank on .com. If you're not hosting in the UK then it might be a result of a rumoured geo targeting algorithm tweak that has resulted in some odd results of late.

FMC

banners
Back