The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google Places Algorithm Change ? New Proximity Filter Can Cause Major Ranking Drop

Google Places Blogger

Posting from the Catalyst eMarketing Blog
affiliate
If you or your clients have noticed a ranking drop lately this could be the reason. These companies all STILL rank page one for all of their other keywords EXCEPT for their core keyword. They all SHOULD/WOULD still rank for main keyword - if not for this new algo change. I'm dubbing this change the PROXIMITY LOCKOUT Algo. Counting on you guys to do some research and confirm this is what are are seeing too.

Read the rest here...

Welcome to the TEMPORARY home of our Google Places Forum.
Eventually this forum may move to our sister site at
Catalyst eMarketing.

I think it is quite logical as th competition is getting harder and harder and in order to find the best, Google has to introduce new factors

No, Google algorithm did not changed as it is a patented object, is just the google servers that were changed recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Google algorithm did not changed as it is a patented object, is just the google servers that were changed recently.

Sorry instinctis, that info is incorrect.

Patent or no, the Google algo is constantly changing and there are multiple algos in play at any given time. Fact that Google has confirmed.

Plus I'm talking the LOCAL algo which is slightly different. Plus I'm an expert in the Google local space and made that discovery. You can read from many in the blog post above that agree with my findings.

banners
Back