The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google: Do Not Even Ask For Links!

Will you still buy links after reading this?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe, not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

shasha

Aaron Wall posted on Twitter a link to a new blog post on the Google Portuguese webmaster blog about unnatural links.

The post was written by Google's Diogo Botelho and he said that it is unnatural to even ask for links to your web site. The translated text reads:

Finally, let some simple advice to ensure that you are not violating Google's guidelines: do not buy, sell, exchange or ask for links. If you follow this advice, the vast majority of links that Google considers problematic not come to be created.

I laughed when I read this article the other day. Buying links is fine, Google has no way of telling if the link has been brought or not unless footprints have been left. Google is always trying make a statment about natural links but link and SEO buying will alway work. Can always be manipulated, If you went and bought a link from something like buzzfeed like I have before it will boost you way faster than any random natural link... It's all about the authority, paid or natural.

Last edited:
Gawd but I am sick of the ever-changing world of Google ranking!

Next month, they'll probably say that people should exchange or buy links.

I pay some attention to all the G drama but ignore quite a bit of it. By the time I figure how to change something (I'm not very tech-y), it changes again. Sometimes before I get the first thing changed. Some stuff, I have never figured out how to fix.

Let's build our sites for our readers/visitors instead of G.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Some people will think this is a crazy idea.

Gawd but I am sick of the ever-changing world of Google ranking!

Next month, they'll probably say that people should exchange or buy links.

I pay some attention to all the G drama but ignore quite a bit of it. By the time I figure how to change something (I'm not very tech-y), it changes again. Sometimes before I get the first thing changed. Some stuff, I have never figured out how to fix.

Let's build our sites for our readers/visitors instead of G.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Some people will think this is a crazy idea.

Social media is the key.

On these platforms, people are gravitating toward what interest them. They may not be in a buying mode but they are in a curiosity mode. They look at what people talk about in the groups they belong and what kind of videos or podcast interest them or what kind of feed are tied to their interest.

Google is something a lot of people use but ... what we want and what we need are people INTERESTED OR CURIOUS about what we offer.

The mere fact people join groups or forums or channels or hang out is circle of interests, is enough to make us forget about Google and focus more on finding these people.

We should do these things:
  • We should mingle with them without being a salesman.
  • We should display what we know
  • We should display the offer we have access to that is tied to what they want
  • We should give them advices
  • We should be useful

Once people pick up on what you say and like it, they will inevitably make links to us and convert to our offers.

They will talk about it or tweet about it. When these things happen, Google takes that in consideration and our pages increase in ranking (which is not really THAT important).

What is important is people who talk about *US* and about our offers, LIKES our offers, LIKES US AND TRUSTS US.

Once we have that, we can have regulars clients and make regular money. If Google like us or not is irrelevant. If our clients like us and convert to the offers through our links, we can earn our living.

Edited: I change you into *US*. I should upgrade my proofreading skills.

Last edited:
Social media is the key.

On these platforms, people are gravitating toward what interest them. They may not be in a buying mode but they are in a curiosity mode. They look at what people talk about in the groups they belong and what kind of videos or podcast interest them or what kind of feed are tied to their interest.

Google is something a lot of people use but ... what we want and what we need are people INTERESTED OR CURIOUS about what we offer.

The mere fact people join groups or forums or channels or hang out is circle of interests, is enough to make us forget about Google and focus more on finding these people.

We should do these things:
  • We should mingle with them without being a salesman.
  • We should display what we know
  • We should display the offer we have access to that is tied to what they want
  • We should give them advices
  • We should be useful

Once people pick up on what you say and like it, they will inevitably make links to us and convert to our offers.

They will talk about it or tweet about it. When these things happen, Google takes that in consideration and our pages increase in ranking (which is not really THAT important).

What is important is people who talk about you and about our offers, LIKES our offers, LIKES US AND TRUSTS US.

Once we have that, we can have regulars clients and make regular money. If Google like us or not is irrelevant. If our clients like us and convert to the offers through our links, we can earn our living.

Agreed! Potential customer buzz can happen without rankings.

Thanks for explaining it so well!

I laughed when I read this article the other day. Buying links is fine, Google has no way of telling if the link has been brought or not unless footprints have been left. Google is always trying make a statment about natural links but link and SEO buying will alway work. Can always be manipulated, If you went and bought a link from something like buzzfeed like I have before it will boost you way faster than any random natural link... It's all about the authority, paid or natural.
Sorry to say, but Google has gotten better at identifying link purchasing patterns. If you buy a link on a blog that has low obl and no history of link selling you are safe. If not, there is a 1% possibility that you will get caught. I do not recommend buying links for big projects/money sites, unless you can review then first and make sure it's 100% natural looking for Google. It's better if you don't underestimate the search engine, or you might wake up one morning very sad.
I don't wish this to anyone, better safe than sorry.

Sorry to say, but Google has gotten better at identifying link purchasing patterns. If you buy a link on a blog that has low obl and no history of link selling you are safe. If not, there is a 1% possibility that you will get caught. I do not recommend buying links for big projects/money sites, unless you can review then first and make sure it's 100% natural looking for Google. It's better if you don't underestimate the search engine, or you might wake up one morning very sad.
I don't wish this to anyone, better safe than sorry.
I'll take the 1%. Building up links naturally is a pain in the ass and I highly doubt online money makers do it. Anyone with a hint of online making money or SEO skills will build links unnaturally. On the other side of the boat people will build links naturally because they don't know any other way of doing it. it will take time, although I would go the natural route for something like my blog I go down the unnatural road for all my niche sites and it works great.

You've bought a link from Buzzfeed? What did something like that cost you?

Hmm that actually doesn't seem to bad for an authority site like that. I usually try to work out deals writing guest posts on blogs with somewhat high authority but they're so hard to come by. They probably get hundreds of emails a day asking the same thing.

Thanks for sharing that list!

Was around the $700 mark if I recall.

Here's an updated list of some sites that sell links, well articles.. I know an author on these sites. Gyazo - 7ee00ddc0db68dd9a4d5bd9d75d59464.png

Wow, great list!

A thought occurred to me while reading it, especially seeing HuffPost and Forbes on there...how the hell would Google know whether you bought a link or ad space. Essentially, the same thing. Not essentially, it IS the same thing. One site advertising another.

Am I looking at this all screwy?

Wow, great list!

A thought occurred to me while reading it, especially seeing HuffPost and Forbes on there...how the hell would Google know whether you bought a link or ad space. Essentially, the same thing. Not essentially, it IS the same thing. One site advertising another.

Am I looking at this all screwy?

Correct google doesn't know, That's why people need to chill about buying links :)

banners
Back