The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google Danced at last

temi

affiliate
Google first PR update since june 22 2004 seem to have started happening.

2 prominent changes:
* Yahoo PR10 to PR9
* inux.org PR9 to PR8

Did you site increase or lose PR? PR on UK WWW did not change
Temi

Crowebird,
Your site is now PR2 , congratulation :) You can now have the link you have earned through your posts :)

Temi

I just went up from PR 0 to PR 2, I can hardly *deleted due to content* ing believe it :!:

Actually, I'm a little confused. I just enabled my page ranks in the google toolbar (duh) and it said my main page had a page ranking importance of 1.

This tool tells me my site measures a 2 out of 10. Am I having acid flashbacks because I'm not sure whats up?

Duke,
Google Dance is still taking place as we communicate so that is bound to happen.
It usually takes about 48 for it to settle down. From my own toolbar I can see PR2 on your site :)

Sweet, thanks for the info temi.

I hope it settles at 2. I'm really suprised it's that high, but happier than hell about it.

Keep up the hardwork and it should jump to at least 4 at the next update, anything below 4 does not matter too much but PR4 and above is quite useful
Temi

No changes in PR here, althought traffic is way up.

There must be something going on, as every msg board is bubbling over the almighty Google PR.

Now, I need to re-UNinstall this spyware <cough> toolbar from my PC.

Heh Heh...

Paul

Paul,
No change in UKWebmaster PR but what the hell. I was not expecting PR increase on this site as I have not been building links that will increate pr but links that will increase traffic
But I am delighted at one of my new sites that went from PR0 to PR7 . I have been building links that will increate its PR but I excepted PR6 and not sever but I am delighted. The site is called: www.velnetweb.co.uk :)

Radu,
I think its a good start. Please send me you link details and I will put your link on line righ now
Temi

Does higher PR mean higher rankings?

Does higher PR mean higher traffic?

Does higher PR mean higher revenue?

Is there an absolute answer, or just theories? I believe it's the latter, so my answer to the above questions would be an astounding NO.

Take the search term, "Free Games" for example (Don't click on the #3 listing, "Miniclip" or you'll face the dreaded, "Can't back out" script <Hi Donkey :censored: >), you see PR6's at the top 3, yet a PR7 at #4. And low and behold, the net's largest, "Free Game" site, is at #5 with a PR of ZERO, or least that's what the redirect page is. Then you have Gamesville.com, the nets 4th largest, "Free Game" site, with a PR8, not even on the first page. The net's 2nd and 3rd largest, "Free Game" sites, Yahoo Games & MSN Games aren't anywhere to be found (Hmmmm...they happen to be Google's competition, as stated in their PRE-IPO statement). Oh wait, there's something that resembles MSN games, buried on the third page :roll: Heck, even Yahoo accurately list Pogo.com as the #1 listing, atop their own.

The #1 listing at Google has less than 200 backlinks. Pogo has 1800. The #2 listing has over 3 thousand. The #3 listing has over 4 thousand.

Google is broken, but I sure love the free traffic they send. :banana:

I wonder what the Googloids are doing with all of their lotto <cough> stock winnings <cough> earnings... :blue:

I could show you the above example for over 1 million search phrases. I'm sure of it.

This tells me I should continue to spend time building pages, rather than links.

JMHO

Peace.

Paul

Paul,
PR is not always there to generate traffic, PR generate CASH. If you go to sites that sell PR/text links you will know what I mean. Text link on a PR8 goes is priced between $200 - $600 and you can comfortably place about 10 - 15 such text on a strong PR8 sites. So we are talking over $2,000 profit without even putting the contents of you site into consideration.
Temi

Temi, you said:
"But I am delighted at one of my new sites that went from PR0 to PR7"
With Google an immediate flood of inbound links on a brand new site can be harmfull.

"With Google an immediate flood of inbound links on a brand new site can be harmfull."

Oh my, this guy/gal knows his/her chit.

Smeagain, IMHO, don't give too much detail via posts, yet write an E-Book. If you need help marketing it, PM me. Not saying I will market it for you, but there is a flood of suckers looking to learn SEO the EZ way.

Again, even though I partake in, what I consider SEO, "SPAM", in a sense, I feel I'm doing nothing wrong optimizing pages. And fine, call me, "KING" spammer hahahah. Won't be able to do that with my opt-in e-mail lists though, hahahhahaah.

Best of Luck.

Peace.

Paul

smeagain,
I am sure you know the sandbox effect is there to curb the effect of loads of inbound link flooding to a new site, no, I do not have loads of links pointing to the site, I have a few relevant links pointing to the site.

Temi

smeagain said:
Temi, you said:
"But I am delighted at one of my new sites that went from PR0 to PR7"
With Google an immediate flood of inbound links on a brand new site can be harmfull.

MI
Back