The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Google Chrome Browser

There have been rumors about a Google browser for years. It looks as if it has finally happened.

I am a browser freak. There are a lot of browsers that I don't like. I am anxious to give Google Chrome a try.

It is beta so I know there could be a few problems, but I've been looking forward to a browser from Google. It should be an intersting experience.

I downloaded it and used it for a while. My initial impressions:

I like how fast it is. That's about all I like so far.

It's very vanilla looking (I can't locate a Home button!)

It has a pop-up blocker, on by default, and I cannot find any way to either disable it or pick and choose the sites I want to allow. For those of use who use standard pop-ups for advertising on landing pages, this may be a real problem.

They have a mode called Incognito that opens another window and allows the user to surf, undetected. It keeps no history, no cache, etc.

My concern about this is there are parents who monitor their children's Internet usage and will this be a major problem for them. I really can find a real exciting use for this mode.

As it stands now, I'll stick with Firefox and just keep an eye on how it advances.

Tony

Jonathan Volk loves it. Here's the features he likes.
But some of his commenters disagree.

<a href="http://www.jonathanvolk.com/general/i-just-deleted-my-firefox-icon.html">I Just Deleted My Firefox Icon?</a>

I am just patiently waiting for Google to come out with Chrome for Macs :(

I love my Mac, but my Safari brower is so slow it hurts. Please Chrome, come home soon!

I'm not keen so far, its quick but I find it a tad basic, but it is in beta so i guess google will be looking for feedback to improve it. It may grow on me like Opera did.

I'm sure Google did this not for maney (or better to say not ONLY for money) but to win one more point in a competition with Microsoft...

Google Chrome is one giant key logger, if you take your affiliate marketing business serious then stay away from Google Chrome.

I'm sure Google did this not for maney (or better to say not ONLY for money) but to win one more point in a competition with Microsoft...

Yes, I totally agree with you and I believe that Google will beat Microsoft in each area.

Well, Chrome is still in beta version and hope google will launch updated and better version very soon.

Google Chrome is one giant key logger, if you take your affiliate marketing business serious then stay away from Google Chrome.

Haven't downloaded it and don't think i'll be using it. There is the unclear issue of automatically clearing cookies. Some think it's sessional cookies I haven't yet got clarity on this.
As an affiliate marketer, a lot of our income depends on cookies, not sessional, and if there is a possibility that this browser could clear them on my websites' visitors pages, is that not a huge problem?:confused:

In case someone sees this and is interested in the Google Chrome browser but has never tried it, here is a video from Google that shows 10 features of Google Chrome. Don't forget that it is still in beta.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xlh8gSF_hhE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xlh8gSF_hhE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The fact is that Firefox would be just as fast if it didn't have all the add-ons that people use everyday, if chrome had all of those extensions then I would bet that it would be slower.

Chrome Referral Program

I wonder if Google has any plans to do a referral program with Chrome, like what they were offering for downloading Firefox bundled with Google toolbar through Adsense. Maybe we will see this once all of the bugs are ironed out and Chrome has been released cross platform.

I don't see Google Chrome as beating out anyone as it stands currently. I am an IE7 fan. My second choice is almost a tie now between Opera and Firefox and that's only because Firefox has improved startup speed and page load times and Opera has become a little less quirky in how it renders pages.... a couple of months ago, I would have favored Opera over Firefox. But either way, Google Chrome is a distant 4[SUP]th[/SUP] place for me.

I don't see Google Chrome as beating out anyone as it stands currently. I am an IE7 fan. My second choice is almost a tie now between Opera and Firefox and that's only because Firefox has improved startup speed and page load times and Opera has become a little less quirky in how it renders pages.... a couple of months ago, I would have favored Opera over Firefox. But either way, Google Chrome is a distant 4[SUP]th[/SUP] place for me.

Which is why I could see Google doing a referral program - to pick up market share. They've got the money to fund it and could gain a lot of ground if webmasters started promoting Chrome.

My personal favorite is Firefox (has a lot of add ons that make my life easier as a web developer).

I'm a FireFox kinda gal and am too lazy still haven't made time to try Chrome.
One of these days maybe I'll find the time but doubt I'll ever give up my FF.

That's probably a lot of the reason IE is still my favorite. I like the fact that in addition to Favorites I can also access my most visited sites via the Links feature and the Google Toolbar Bookmarks. I haven't been able to find the same ease of access in any other browser.

But I have the other three installed to check web pages in alternate browsers.

Actually, it is kind of annoying that Google decided to make yet another browser. They should've just partnered with Mozilla foundation.

It's the last thing that web developers need, another browser with it's own special issues that needs to be constantly tested to make sure it is rendering websites properly and not breaking things when new functionality is added. Internet Explorer is enough of a nightmare already.

banners
Back