“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Announcement Good News -- Bad News

Graybeard

First the bad news
Location, Confirmed Cases per 1M people, Recovered, Deaths
Worldwide| 1,502,618| 193.24| 339,775| 89,915

United States| 434,861| 1,319.53| 24,146| 14,814
Thu Apr 9 11:07:29 EDT 2020
The pandemic continues (probably into the summer)
There is some resurgence of new infection in China now (so far minor).

Good News!
=========== need some of that!
Italy is stable to improving

• USA individuals will start receiving *Helicopter Money* in 2-3 weeks --$1,200 per adult, $500 per dependent child
  • Many have filed claims for unemployment and are at home with nothing to do they will be getting $600 week helicopter money (Federal aid) + normal state unemployment money.
  • The small business bailout is in effect now and there is a proposed $500 million increase.

So Start Planning -- There should be money in the US in a few weeks --discretionary income
News is Canada is doing similar things too

People need products and things to do while they are stuck at home.

Good luck to the winners :)

Last edited:
Our PM is on right now as I type this. I watch every morning at 11:00 for his updates. It's grim.

Our government's predictions:

- models suggest anywhere from 4,000 - 44,000 deaths
- first wave over late spring - summer
- smaller waves until at least December
- life won't go back to normal as we knew it until a vaccine is developed, probably 18 months or so.

And all that IF people continue to quarantine/isolate for weeks to come. I've been seeing more cars on the road this week, I'm not sure when people will reach some kind of breaking point with their cabin fever. Actually, as soon as I typed that, a reporter asked the Prime Minister about it. :D

Ugh!

As for financial aid from the government:

- $2000 per month per person for those who qualify (lost their job or self-employment income due to virus)
- unemployment benefits to those who remain on payrolls but aren't working due to virus
- government is sending tons of money all over the place - small businesses, charities, wherever it's needed

Update:

Apparently, our researchers are doing trials and testing for something they think shows a lot of promise for reducing the effects of the virus on the body and keeping more people from having to be hospitalized.

It's not a malaria med, it's normally used for gout. I was going to name it but am thinking better of it now, in case people decide to take it without consulting their doctor.

But fingers crossed. They figure they'll know by June if it works the way they think it will.

Coming to India, we are under lockdown from night 7 till morning 7 everyday. Authorities are beating the shit out of everyone who is out after the lockdown time. Still the cases doubled overtime. It doesn't matter to me as I have always been an Introvert.

Our over achieving government is not doing nothing for no one, they offered 1200/- rs (Approx 16$) and 15kg Rice for poor families. They literally gave nothing yet.

we are under lockdown from night 7 till morning 7 everyday. Authorities are beating the shit out of everyone who is out after the lockdown time.

They showed some of that on the news here - awful.

It doesn't matter to me as I have always been an Introvert.

Yeah, I'm lucky, too - my life really hasn't changed much. Thankfully.

they offered 1200/- rs (Approx 16$) and 15kg Rice for poor families. They literally gave nothing yet.

Wow.

• USA individuals will start receiving *Helicopter Money* in 2-3 weeks --$1,200 per adult, $500 per dependent child
  • Many have filed claims for unemployment and are at home with nothing to do they will be getting $600 week helicopter money (Federal aid) + normal state unemployment money.
  • The small business bailout is in effect now and there is a proposed $500 million increase.
im going jobless for a year for this but the problem is that .. it takes time to get the funds

Afraid there is maybe some more bad news developing
Scientists say a now-dominant strain of the coronavirus could be more contagious than original
We may be dealing with a mutated Corona Virus that is dormant and lurking in the world population.

Like all species, viruses mutate to survive. Good for them, bad for us.

We've been invaded. Thinning of the herd, this is starting to feel like but too many of these waves of infection, there won't be any herds left to thin. :rolleyes:

I'd forgotten about that song.

Our Chief Health Officer said this morning that current data shows that Canada has a 43% recovery rate. I haven't checked to see how that compares to the rest of the world but I hope that improves.

Canada's Death rate per million has gone up a lot (percentage wise)

upload_2020-5-6_12-29-44.png

banners
Back