The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Gmail and over agressive spam issue

kevs

affiliate
My main email for years was getting flagged by gmail as spam on blast-

Not fault of email or list. Gmail is over aggressive.

I made a new email and this was ok for a year or so - and got in the inbox of my own gmail test accounts, The new email rates ok with mailtester.com, but nevertheless, went into Gmail spam.

I'm out of ideas and need help. Thanks, again, this is a gmail isssue only. Gmail is out of control, and is known to be way overaggressive with spam, but sadly 70% of world uses it, so I need help on this issue

Checking mailtester, they have a spam value test for checking your campaign. Have you tried this? What were your results of the test vs the real-world results of the campaign?

Gmail is out of control, and is known to be way overaggressive with spam, but sadly 70% of world uses it
I would argue that they're not overly aggressive, their spam control is to account to WHY 70% of the world uses it.

My main email for years was getting flagged by gmail as spam on blast-

Not fault of email or list. Gmail is over aggressive.

I made a new email and this was ok for a year or so - and got in the inbox of my own gmail test accounts, The new email rates ok with mailtester.com, but nevertheless, went into Gmail spam.

I'm out of ideas and need help. Thanks, again, this is a gmail isssue only. Gmail is out of control, and is known to be way overaggressive with spam, but sadly 70% of world uses it, so I need help on this issue

I understand your concern.

But to be very blunt and honest, there is no way around this issue.

No ESP or SMTP server can guarantee you 100% in-boxing in super mainstream ISP's like Gmail, Hotmail or yahoomail. If any service provider assures you that they can get your emails delivered to Inbox for sure, stay away from them.

Having said that, you can always take precautions and follow good email sending habits, to bring down your spam and bounce rate. For ex. IP warmup, IP warming is the practice of gradually increasing the volume of mail sent with a dedicated IP address according to a predetermined schedule. This gradual process helps to establish a reputation with ISPs as a legitimate email sender.

When an ISP observes email suddenly coming from a new IP address, they will take notice and immediately begin evaluating the traffic coming from that IP. Since ISPs treat email volume as a key determining factor when detecting spam, it is best to begin sending a low to moderate volume, eventually working your way up to larger volumes. This gives the receiving email providers a chance to closely observe your sending habits and record how your recipients engage with your email.

A gradual warm-up does not always guarantee a perfect sending reputation. It is still important to follow sending Best practices.

I hope this helps.

MI
Back