The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

give blogger control of adsense?

sjs

affiliate
I started a blog with blogger. I got an email from google saying
You are receiving this email because you recently requested access to use AdSense through blogger.com. In order to use AdSense features through blogger.com, you'll need to give the site access to the ad code and performance information in your AdSense account.
When I click on the link it takes me to a permission page for blogger to access my adsense account.

Yes, allow blogger.com to access my account

No, do not allow blogger.com to access my account

Granting access will allow the website to do the following:

View your name, country, and email address
Access your reports and earnings data
Manage your account on your behalf

The website will not be able to do the following:
View or change your payment details or history
Is this standard?

Hmmm, I don't know. I don't use Adsense and have never had a blogger account. "will not be able to do the following: View or change your payment details"

That sounds odd to me. Is the address in the address bar blogger?
Just want to be sure its not a phishing scam...

It is an adsense google url. My google PR. is giving it a 10/10. I am preety sure it is a real google page. In the cp for blogger it had me log into my adsense to place the code, it placed it for me. it is there. not sure, just cautious about someone poking around my account. (it would be more dissapointing to them LOL!)

Thanks for the link. it does not say anything about waiting for an email. The ads on the blog are correct. hopefully my adsense id code is active.

Important - you are choosing to deny blogger.com access to the ad code and performance information in your AdSense account. If you continue, you will not be able to manage your AdSense account through blogger.com
That is what it says if I chose no. ??

AdSense has this to say about Blogger
How do I update the AdSense account that's associated with my Blogger site?

If you're using a Layouts-enabled blog, you can associate an AdSense ad unit with a different AdSense account. To do so, simply follow these steps:

1. Log into your Blogger account at http://www.blogger.com
2. Go to your blog's Layout template page
3. Click on the AdSense module
4. Click on the Switch to a different publisher ID link at the bottom.
5. Enter your AdSense login (the email address you use to sign in to AdSense).

We'll then update your Google ads to be associated with your preferred AdSense account.

You may also find it helpful to check out the general instructions for implementing AdSense on Blogger.
https://www.google.com/adsense/supp...273&ctx=en:search&query=Blogger&topic=&type=f

As you know, if you aren't clear about this you can always contact Google. They are often very helpful with AdSense questions.

MI
Back