The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Getting the traffic I want

mikesgold

affiliate
Hey all I am looking for traffic to boost my sales.I do ok seeings one sale brings in 1k but I want more sales.Any tips would be great.

I do all the free ones and I run some solo ads and use traffic exchanges.I am not doing adwords and I know that is the best way but right now it is kind of spendy.

Mike,

There is a very interesting blog called Blue Hat Seo that talks about ways to creative ways to speed up the SEO process and get rankings quickly without resorting to "black hat" techniques, which generally get you booted pretty quickly these days.

You might find some useful pointers there on how to drive more keyword related traffic.

Cheers

Thanks Louis. I do like that blog alot and read it often.

HOWEVER I consider most of the advice there PRETTY ADVANCED.
Plus warning to newbies: some of the stuff it teaches is black hat or borderline.
If you are a noob, you may not know enough to realize a tactic could get you in trouble.

great point Linda. Also, as we've been recently finding out, tactics that have once been considered blue hat can become black hat as google tightens its controls and learns how people are using/abusing its formulas. Thus you have to be careful that tactics you learn are still relevant.

Great Suggestion!

I havent done a 5 Star press release for a long time.
I've always used PR Web, didn't know PR leap and 24-7 worked better for the G man.
Good to know!

I REALLY should start doing a press release for each new client I launch.
Another thing for the to-do list! :eek:

hmmm

Long tail keywords,Like (making money from home) ok i'll try not a very good writer.But need to learn it.

thanks mike

hmmm

so will blogger .com work to write articles then sumit them to a ton of article directories.What about press release.Lot of good info here.tring to learn this to increase my income.

thanks keep it coming

affiliate blog

Personally, I write for my blogs seperately from my articles and press releases.
That's a lot of writing, but that's what it takes. ;)

I have a lot of info on my affiliate blog about this stuff.
Have a visit and you can find your topics by doing a search on the keywords.

It's great to see your enthusiasm for learning all of this!

surfallday said:
"There are also some affiliate url hijacks you can perform but I think that might be a little advanced for this discussion right now."

affiliate url hijacks??? You think we'd ever allow that type of discussion?
You think hijacking affiliate links is OK?

You are definately in the WRONG forum!

Either way I didn't go into the discussion nor do I find it unethical.

If an affiliate company is too dumb to 301 their affiliate links then they're just giving money and link power away. If G or Y! wants to then rank the affiliate url over their url that is G or Y!'s choice. It's no different than optomizing your site to rank for a keyword your affiliate partner is.

Anyways, thanks for the responses....you did a good job in scaring away a super affiliate who did nothing but try to help. Adios. I'll go ahead and delete what I wrote so nobody else benefits from my advice since that seems to be what you want.

If an affiliate company is too dumb to 301 their affiliate links then they're just giving money and link power away.
You're making a pretty big assumption there. Some affiliate merchants simply don't know that their links are producing a 302 as opposed to 301 redirect, and some software comes with 302 as a default with no option to switch it.

Granted, whether or not your contact the affiliate merchant and let them know about the problem is on the affiliate, but to each his own.

Anyways, thanks for the responses....you did a good job in scaring away a super affiliate who did nothing but try to help. Adios. I'll go ahead and delete what I wrote so nobody else benefits from my advice since that seems to be what you want.

Sorry you feel that way.

By the way, when I first read your line about "affiliate URL hijacking", I assumed that you meant stealing an affiliate's URL and replacing it with your own affiliate ID -- therefore duping another affiliate out of her commission. So, in that respect, I understand and agree with Linda's reaction.

But, if this isn't the place for you, so be it. Hope you find what you're looking for.

~ Teli

Yes Teli is correct - for most people I know, the phrase
"affiliate url hijacks" means STEALING another affiliates commission.
That's what parasites do and it's unethical and should be illegal.

So yes if I think someone is talking about and OK with stealing
other affiliates hard earned income - I'm going to call someone on it.

LOTS of affiliates do it and I though that was what you were referring to.

If you meant something else then I apologize but
I certainly can't condone stealing - which sounded like what you meant.

MI
Back