The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Getting a welcome box on the first page in vBulletin?

Stephanie

affiliate
Despite my past life as a systems engineer, I am leaving most of the vBulletin set up to my partner who is actually doing a brilliant job - but we are both scratching our heads about getting a welcome box onto the home page of our new bizface site - I hope this is not too broad a question. ..

I suspect I am missing something really obvious.:confused:

It just seems to me sensible to say a bit about what we are there for and why we are different right up front (at the moment people have to look at our FAQ really, or read a welcome thread I have set up).

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Thanks Midlandi, I must be going mad as I did look there but I will look again. Actually we plan to upgrade to the latest release this weekend so will do the whole thing then. If I have to ask something again I will remember to say what release we are running!

Thanks again

Did the mod and it works beautifully for each different type of person (e.g. those who have forgotten to click on the email, or not done any postings recently). So thanks a million for that.
We are still struggling on the very first page though. It is wierd as the correct notices turn up as soon as anyone goes in elsewhere, but if they just go to 'home' there is no notice? Has anyone else had this problem. To see what I mean you can just go into BizFace Community and there is no welcome message...
We are checking on v-bulletin itself at the moment to see what on earth we have done!

The solution to the welcome on Vbulletin!

Having just requested help, I have now found the solution, so just in case anyone else has the same problem,

In vbacmps you globalise the plug-in variable.

So go into edit page (homepage name) advanced options; portal output global variables, type in 'welcomeheaders' without the dollar sign in front of it!

Hit save, job done - message now is on portal front page.

It is probably really obvious, but just in case anyone else finds it useful.

Stepahie,
Thanks for sharing, rep added for sharing that info. I know it BUT because I don't use it regularly I tend to forget. BTW, why not add your site url to your profile signature?

MI
Back