The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Future of search engines inclusion

temi

affiliate
I wonder if there would come a day when inclusion in major search engines would have to be paid for. Given the that most major search engines now display paid listing at the top, side and bottom of search results.
It was not too long ago when inclusion in yahoo was free, looking into my crystal ball, which is not too clear at the ,moment, I wonder if one day in the not too distant future all displayed results in search engines will be paid for.

You should have kept this thought to yourself. Now some SE CEO is going to come here, see this post and start charging us for inclusion. Thanks for nothing temi

Don't worry Ken, this forum is way too small for any major search engine CE to notice this post :)

It will never happen.

Bookmark this post. If it does (20 yrs from now), I'll write you a check for 25 MILLION dollars.

Again, it will NEVER happen, unless it's a 3rd rate SE.

25 million? Ummm, I need to speak to your bank managers first before take the bet, I need to ensure you can honour your promise :)

Paul_KY said:
It will never happen.

Bookmark this post. If it does (20 yrs from now), I'll write you a check for 25 MILLION dollars.

Again, it will NEVER happen, unless it's a 3rd rate SE.

I've copied it to a word document. I sincerely hope you have the capital to make it all one lump sum because you won't live long enough to make deferred payments.

I have to agree with Paul.

The search engines should be likened to independent TV stations. They provide high quality programming, at no cost whatsoever to the viewer. They achieve this by displaying advertising in (commercial breaks) and around the programming.

The search engines serve up highly relevent information upon request. they cover their costs by serving up contextual advertising, or ads that are relevent to the terms searched for. This is a model that works very very well, and with that in mind, there is no reson to think it will change.

The line in the sand has been drawn, people DEMAND free searching of the web. The instant a search engine charges to search, is the instant its users turn their back on it, and their income plunges.

Ask your self this, if ITV /Channel 4 /Channel 5 went pay per view how much of it would you watch? then ask your self how much of it you would watch, if the BBC were also showing it!

Lets make sure this topic doesn't get pruned away so we can see who was on the money in 5 years.

banners
Back