The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Funny toilet paper story

Larwee

<b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator<
affiliate
Some of you who have read the http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...539-5-star-second-anniversary-fun-thread.html might think I am making this up. I am not. This is true, and I will provide some news links to articles.

This might not be funny to the lady involved because she could get up to 3 years in jail for stealing toilet paper. However even the police are having trouble trying to keep from laughing. Part of it has to do with what she is said to have stolen and her last name.
Butts charged with stealing toilet paper

June 11, 2007

MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa --Police blame a woman named Butts for stealing toilet paper from a central Iowa courthouse, and while they're chuckling, the theft charge could put her in prison.

"She's facing potentially three years of incarceration for three rolls of toilet paper," Chief Lon Walker said, stifling a laugh as he talked to KCCI-TV about Suzanne Marie Butts. "See, I can't say it with a straight face."

Workers had noticed the rolls disappearing from the Marshall County Courthouse much faster than usual, Walker said.

Butts was caught last week after an employee saw her taking three rolls of two-ply tissue from a storage closet, Walker said.

Butts insisted it was the first time she'd pilfered toilet paper, but she declined to answer further questions on her attorney's advice.

The fifth-degree theft charge, a misdemeanor, normally carries a sentence of less than a year in jail. But Butts could face more time if convicted under the state's habitual offender law because she has prior theft convictions.

Walker did not know why Butts was at the courthouse, but said that she did not work there.
Here are some links to articles about this:

Story - WCAU | Philadelphia

Radio Iowa: Woman may go to jail for swiping toilet paper

Butts charged with stealing toilet paper - Boston.com

Walker did not know why Butts was at the courthouse, but said that she did not work there.

What a bizzare story! Of all the places to steal something, why a courthouse?!

Still good for a chuckle though :p

OMG! So you want to say that she came to the court with the only purpose os stealing toilet paper??? Honestly, why not go to McDonald's? Or they produce special extra soft paper for judges there? :D

it's amazing that someone could actually go to jail for something like this, haha ... poor lady will never live this down!

banners
Back