The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Announcement FunnelFlux New Awesome Features - version 1.5140

Vita Vee

Hi everyone,

We have pushed a new version today that brings some great new features, I'm sure you will love them.

The 4 most important ones being:

* Stats QuickViews
* Conversion Paths
* An improved statistical significance calculator
* Multivariate Testing

Let's have a quick look at each of them!

1/ Stats QuickViews

Now, when you click a campaign or funnel name, instead of being redirected to the drilldown reports of that element, you're being redirected to the new Stats QuickView section instead.

That section allows you to see the most important stats very quickly no matter how many million visitors you may have, as all this data is being cached in realtime.

Here's a screenshot:

2016-10-17_21h43_25.png

2/ Conversion Paths

Now, in the drilldown reports, when you select any 2 of the following groupings:

By Lander
By Offer
By Lander and Offer

They are automatically replaced by the "Conversion Path" grouping instead.

The reason is not immediately obvious to users coming from other tracking software where the typical funnel looks like this:

001.png

With such a simple funnel, the groupings "Lander + Offer" mean that we want to see the best combination to find out, for example, that Lander 2 followed by Offer 1 gives the most conversions/revenue.

However, in FunnelFlux, "Lander + Offer" does not mean anything, because unlike other trackers, FunnelFlux doesn't force you to have an offer after a lander. Indeed, other trackers do not allow you to track the clicks from lander to lander, in case you have a multi-step preselling sequence. They also do not allow you to have redirect rules after a lander click etc...

Consider the following funnel for example:

002.png

In plain English this funnel does this:

* It first sends traffic to either Lander 1 or Lander 2.
* If the visitor doesn't come from Facebook, he is either redirected to Offer1, 2 or 3.
* Otherwise, he is either redirected to Lander 3 or 4 for more pre-selling, and after a click on one of these landers, he is redirected to Offer1, 2 or 3.

Now that gets interesting and you can see why the "Lander" + "Offer" groupings do not mean anything to FunnelFlux as after lander 1 and 2, we do not have an offer; we have a condition. And after that condition, we may go to an offer, or to another lander. This funnel is still quite simple. We have funnels much more complex than this.

With such a funnel, how do you find out the most profitable path?

By using one of FunnelFlux's new "Conversion Path" groupings. They will show you the whole paths leading to the highest number of conversions/revenue.

With the funnel example above you could find out, for example, that on Google Adwords, for the keyword 'widget1' the best path is Lander 1 to Offer 2:

004.png

While on Facebook, the best path for Females between 25 to 34 years old is Lander 1, followed by Lander 3 then Offer 3:

003.png

Which leads me to the 3rd big improvement in this new version:

3/ An improved statistical significance calculator

Let's expand on the example above, you can now use FunnelFlux's integrated Bayes statistical significance calculator to quickly see if you have a winner:

005.png

Based on the conversion rate alone, FunnelFlux tells us that there is no clear winner yet. However, since these 3 offers have different payouts, it's also wise to check out the "Revenue Winners":

006.png

And here it is!

FunnelFlux now tells us that, for this traffic segment, you are 98% confident that this path will bring the most revenue.

For direct affiliate marketers, the "revenue winners" is what you will want to use most of the time. The "conversion winners" are more suited to email marketers who want to compare the performance of their lead capture pages.

We don't see it in this screenshot, but there is also an option for "click winners" - which shows you which landers are predicted to get the highest CTR.

Last but not least...

4/ Multivariate Testing!

You can now split test an unlimited number of variations on 1 single landing page.

Check this:

Landing 1

Each time you enter this funnel, you are being served a lander with a combination of 4 elements:

2016-10-17_22h18_39.png

Only 4 things are being tested at the same time on this page, the heading, the image, the background color of the button, and the button text.

You can of course test an unmlimited number of elements, with an unlimited number of variations per element.

And obviously, don't forget to use FunnelFlux's integrated statistical significance calculator to quickly find the winning variations!

2016-10-17_22h27_32.png

Then you just pick the best variations, merge them together and hop! you have a highly converting lander...

More awesomeness coming soon... stay tuned!

I went with voluum to begin with because it was tried and tested and didn't want too many wildcard variables when I was starting out. But you've identified limitations Ive noticed already and health them. Great looking tool. Will give it a try at end of month.

Btw I just read it's self hosted. Are you planning to offer a hosted version in the future? How do you handle things like ISP and geo databases? I would assume the databases that voluum uses are best of breed. How is this going to Compare to maxmind for accuracy? Especially in tier 3 countries.

Hi BWeed,

Yes, we have plans to release a cloud version in the not so distant future. For the database, by default we use MaxMind's free one as we can embed it with the application. It's possible to overwrite it with the paid version for better accuracy (99.8% accuracy for the countries)

That being said Digital Element is definitely a better DB, especially for regions / cities in tier 3 countries as you mentioned.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that once the cloud version is available, current customers will have the ability to import their campaigns and keep all their links and postbacks working.

Sounds great. Have you got a ballpark ETA on the hosted version?

Btw, what language is it written in? I'm a coder by trade so ability to hack at the code is a definately a feature for me if it's self hosted.

MI
Back