The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

FTC takes another swipe at affiliate marketing.

If by "end of weight loss and fitness as we know it" you mean that people are actually going to accept that they need to work out and eat healthy, I sure hope so. I went through hundreds of clinical research papers, and the constant themes associated with contemporary health problems are lack of exercise and poor nutrition (rare cases of hereditary causes are an exception). There is just no way around healthy food and physical activity, whether you want to look good or stay healthy.

Although I would love to see people improve their quality of life, I somehow doubt they will stop looking for magic bullets, so similar companies will probably just adapt their advertising strategies. But it's refreshing to see the hCG market taking a hit. I never understood why hormones for weight loss were legal over-the-counter supplements in the first place, especially since anabolic steroids and various other hormones are regulated substances.

As for affiliates, I believe there will be no shortage of good weight loss products to promote. Just because a few manufacturers are in trouble doesn't mean the market is no longer there. Other companies will fill the need.

MI
Back