The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

From $0 to $5,000 while creating your own affilaite program in the process

tedheywood

affiliate
Hello Affiliate Fix peoples,

I joined this forum about 2 years ago when I was facing a dilemma between getting a job OR making it on my own by earning money online.

Like many of you, I was pulled in our community by Jay Wessman and his cool tutorials. He made it sound so easy and simple I thought I'd be an idiot not to at least try it. I made couple of niche sites that are making me decent amount of automated income but considering the time I put into them it did not seem cost efficient to continue.

Until I realized one thing. Most of us begin with the desire to promote something, in most cases a virtual product from sites like Clickbank, JVzoo, etc. But what if YOU could be the guy WITH the product and left it up to others to promote it?

So here I want to share 2 Myths that I learned and ultimately debunked for myself to make a profitable business:

Myth #1 - an Expert in the field is the God of knowledge.

If you are anything like me then you probably tell yourself, “You can’t teach this, you don’t know anything, you are NOT an expert in the field.” And if you do tell yourself this you are completely right. How can you teach something if you don’t know the subject better than anyone else?

This is exactly the where most people stop themselves from moving forward. Everything is relative according to Einstein and same goes for being an expert. It is all about who you teach not what you teach. If you teach basic math to a 3rd grader then relative to the 3rd grader you are an expert, however, if you teach basic math to an astrophysicist then you are NOT an expert.

So it is not about how knowledgeable YOU are but more about the audience you choose to enlighten with your wisdom.

With that, to become an expert in something is NOT THAT COMPLICATED. The best way I have found to become an expert in a field is to study the experts of that field. Borrow their knowledge add an extra spin on it and there you go.

If you read top 20 books of that field that makes you and expert by default. To find the top 20 books all you have to do is go to New York Times bestsellers list or Amazon top selling books.

If you hate reading you can get audiobooks. I manage to listen to 2 audiobooks a month so in about a year I can be an expert in ANY field I choose and same goes for you.

Myth #2 – Starting your own teaching business is hard & expensive.

BUUUUUUULLSHIT! Im serious. Lets go through a checklist of things you might need to start your own coaching/teaching/consulting business:

1. Hosting

2. Domain

3. Website

4. Camera

5. Microphone

6. Marketing money

1. Hosting. If you are extremely cheap you can get it for free. WordPress › Blog Tool, Publishing Platform, and CMS allows you to have your own free blog. DomainsForAuthors.com Free Web Hosting Service allows you to have your own site for free as well.

If you are willing to pay a bit you can get an unlimited domain hosting plan for 3 years with all kinds of security built in for $163 from MochaHost

2. Domains are cheap so I’m not going to cover it. If you are not willing to pay $10 to realize your dream and go be a janitor.

3. Website. There are free templates and you are smart you can get a lot of premium WordPress themes for free.

4. Camera. Chances are most of you have a smartphone with an AWESOME camera. But just in case you are not, there is a cool little HD camera that shoots 1080p quality called Logitech c920

Which you can get here:

Amazon.com: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, 1080p Widescreen Video Calling and Recording: Computers & Accessories

And yes it is an affiliate link

It is super portable it has a thing at the bottom so that you can mount it on a tripod.

5. Microphone. You don’t really need it. Most computers have built in mic. ALL smartphones have it. And this camera has the microphone as well. It is kind of quite so I recommend using Premiere Pro to adjust sound levels.

6. Marketing Money. Well yes and no. If you are really good at making content (articles, videos with tags, etc.) then SEO will eventually come into play and you will get free traffic. I think that is super slow process. In my opinion you have to come to terms with paying for traffic. Google ads gives you free $100 coupon to ty them out. But I recommend using Facebook ads. They are super cheap, extremely unregulated.

Little side note. Recently Facebook started a kind of affiliate program. Where they promote YOUR services for a commission you give them.

Basically, Facebook is what Google was about 10 years ago.

If you do the math all you need to run your online business is about $5 a day. The price of cup of coffee at Starbucks.

FUNCTIONALITY

So now you have most of the infrastructure. You read some books. You have some ideas for video products you might make. How are you going to sell it? You can do ClickBank, you can do JVzoo. What if your product is not a product but a service? Then these sites will not accept you.

How about you make your own program? WordPress has awesome plugins. One is called WooCommerce for online transactions. Essentially you can build an e store with just a PayPal account.

To create your affiliate program you can a plugin called AffiliateWP. It is a simple plugin that can work automatically. It handles registrations, tracking and each affiliate even has their own dashboard.

Another cool thing about AffiliateWP is that it allows for coupon promotion. So you can get away from virtual promotion and get yourself a physical salesforce. Each salesperson can get their own coupon that can be used at the checkout to track the affiliate.

Promotion
– To promote your affiliate program there are TONS of affiliate program listing sites.

Affiliate Program Directory | All available programs by category

Affiliate Program Directory - Find an Affiliate Program Niche

craigslist: tampa bay area jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

These are just few I provided.

Once, I eliminated these myths I decided to create a private tutoring business:

Math Tutoring NYC | We Tutor You

I made it myself without any special knowledge of code, and it only took about 2 weeks to make.

About 2 months ago we launched our affiliate program and it’s a killer, let me tell you. We offer something that no one does in the business. WE actually offer concrete guarantees and we if do not fulfill them the client gets ALL money back.

Our certified tutors are praised by a number of local colleges and high schools.

It is an awesome opportunity for affiliates because they can earn up to $600 with just ONE sale. It’s crazy. We are located in New York City so there are a lot of people willing to pay for our services. Affiliates have an easy job selling because we provide them with actual steps to promote the services.

You can become part of our physical sales force that sells nose to nose, toes to toes, in the living room while the kid is running around the living room OR you can create your own niche site and place our banners that convert like crazy.

The cool thing is we still have few spots left for the affiliate sales force and if you are interested in promoting a quality product with a money back guarantee which offers up to $600 per sale then you can go here:

Math Tutoring NYC | Affiliate Login

and submit a quick application which will take 2 minutes to fill out. If your application is approved you can begin selling literally in minutes.

If you liked this post and if you found it helpful then please comment, like, subscribe(If that is even possible here) all that good stuff. There is a lot more stuff I want to talk about and perhaps I will create a weekly column just for AffilaiteFix, if I see responses and comments.

All around the world,

Ted H.

I second this. The teaching business is a good business to be in. You dont have to teach crazy stuff, just what you know. we've been selling high ticket stuff for the past year and it has been pretty profitable on the business front. It wont take months or years, just a few weeks to get things setup if you are going the high ticket way. Even shorter if you're doing it for smaller products. :)

banners
Back