The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Free BlogRush - New from John Reese & Income.com

Linda Buquet

affiliate
This looks interesting and is free. Basically instead of a banner exchange or link exchange it's a content syndication exchange WIDGET of sorts. Novel new idea.

See it in action over at the 5 Star blog and watch the video to see how it all works.
<a href="http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/2007/09/16/blogrush-blog-traffic/">Reciprocal Content Syndication - Get a BlogRUSH of Traffic</a>

Let us know if you try it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah this looks like a great service. I'm unable to fit the current widget on my sidebar (it's too wide) but I've made a post about it on my blog instead Web Hosting Diary

Andrew

I just added it this morning but it does not show up. I'm assuming it's because there arent any blogs in my category yet (Marketing). You'd think there would be, but then again it just launched a few hours ago.

I wonder if it's working though? Nothing at all shows up on my blog.

I reinstalled the widget so you can see it working on my blog now.

This thing just launched yesterday, I added the widget today and am getting LOTS of additional targeted traffic and it's coming from high quality blogs like ShoeMoney!

Seriously, I'm having so much fun checking my web stats to see all the blogs that are sending me traffic.
I'm really quite surprised and pleased it's happening this fast. This thing is really viral and it's only just beginning.

Catch the BlogRush video and let us know what you think and how much traffic you get!

I finished installing the widget as well, but had a problem. For some reason, when I clicked on the button stating I'd put the widget on my website, I kept getting an error that I needed to place the code on my blog. I hope it wasn't too serious.

Aside from that, I've actually done a couple WordPress video tutorials for adding the BlogRush widget to the sidebar. It would appear there was a miscommunication and John was asking for help to get some video tutorials done. Although I didn't have time to do it for all blog platforms, hopefully they can help some WP bloggers.

Now with all this talk of increased traffic, I may just need to start checking my stats. :)

~ Teli

I noticed I got a hit from you earlier today Teli, so I knew you had it up.
Here's to us and a bunch more people sending traffic back and forth to
each other. :)

Shoot, I'll give it a whirl, but was it just me or are all their info pages blank?? I know I had a long day but...

Ya it's still pretty Beta. Bery Bery Beta! :p I get the feeling they hit lots of last minute glitches and launched anyway. Plus I'm sure they are buried in sign-ups with problems and questions. It should work itself out.

I just checked my web stats and it looks like I've gotten 266 visits from it since yesterday. Not too shabby for free traffic and pretty targeted from what I've seen so far.

Just worry that all the spammers will ruin it. As soon as I start seeing a bunch of get rich quick spammy blogs, I'll have to pull it from 5 Star. Hope they have some type of screening process so that doesn't happen.

Yes it should send a little targeted traffic.

I just finally figured out that all the traffic I got the 1st day was not because of the widget and traffic I earned. The 1st 2 days before they had very many blogs, they put some popular feeds in so the widgets would have content to display. They picked mine as one of those initial filler feeds.

So now that my feed is just in there normally, earning display credits as it should, mixed in with all the other blogs, I'm getting hardly any hits. Maybe one a day at most.

Just worry that all the spammers will ruin it. As soon as I start seeing a bunch of get rich quick spammy blogs, I'll have to pull it from 5 Star. Hope they have some type of screening process so that doesn't happen.

That's always a serious concern, sadly. But they sent out an e-mail that addressed some of these matters and it sounds like they're going to do their level best to combat the internet-surfing slugs. That was encouraging. Did you get that, Linda?

I hope this works - - but (major DUH factor going on here) I haven't checked my stats since I put this up! I must do that today...lol.

MI
Back