The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Fraud Ring Exposed

PMA Blogger

affiliate
Here is the link to the origional post we did on this ring we discovered. there is also a very good synopsis comment in the PMA blog post.

Most importantly we need to get together as an industry and be very public and open regarding outing these as we find them. the louder and more open the better. We have never had a truly unified industry effort to put as much of a stop to this as possible.

Freelancer.com took the projects down we requested after posting, tweeting and calling out the fraud using the MediaTrust blog and twitter. in the past they have never done this. several years ago there was no Twitter to use to have a real-time voice. Myspace tried to get them to stop projects 2 yrs ago but was unable to get them to act. We can make a difference. Please post and tweet the info. add new info to comments so it can be seen and shared by all.

Most importantly we need to get together as an industry and be very public and open regarding outing these as we find them. the louder and more open the better. We have never had a truly unified industry effort to put as much of a stop to this as possible.

Very important we do this indeed Peter...if this industry can demonstrate a "self-policing" effort...then "big brother" might not need to get involved as much :)

So the story continues. after sending tweets and posting, plus having others join in i have gotten several tweets back and an email from the Freelancer.com head of marketing. This shows the power of social media and collaboration.They have shut the fraud accounts with MediaTrust down and want to continue to work to fight this on their platform. One small battle win helps the next.

That being said. There are many more projects in there buying accounts for all the other networks including ebay..

I am SHOCKED that others are not raising their hands and voice to stop this. Whats going on? Dont we networks have a responsibility to our advertisers, merchants, publisher, consumers and our industry to openly attack this?

I am going to keep posting about this. There are many new comments coming in and i hope to see everyone else saying something or standing up/ its critical. we must defend our industry and partnerships. no more being silent black boxes HERE is the original post. i am going to document this thru a series of posts. please help and push this info out thru your social channels. I cant do this alone :)

MI
Back