The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Fraud affiliates

Guys do not discuss these things in public . They are watching forums and they will improve their strategy based on what is being discussed here .

Let's make a private group chat or something .

You are right man. OK, how we can make private group?

the best solution:

1 - You should added value to pass your publisher/affiliate ID
2 - Always contact with your adv to check KPI for each offers
3 - New affiliate applied offer, you should setup for their small cap and test traffic in 3 or 7 days.
4 - Always make payment net 15 or 30 for all publishers if you dont want lost money :D

the best solution:

1 - You should added value to pass your publisher/affiliate ID
2 - Always contact with your adv to check KPI for each offers
3 - New affiliate applied offer, you should setup for their small cap and test traffic in 3 or 7 days.
4 - Always make payment net 15 or 30 for all publishers if you dont want lost money :D
Thanks, Daniel! Very helpful :)

Capping is not the solution. On the contrary. It enhances the problem and motiviates fraud publishers to make duplicate accounts. At the same time it punishes good affiliates.

You can never eliminate fraud as a whole but what you can do is first of all calling your affiliates and submitting them to a phone interview before you approve them. That will already greatly filter the fraudsters. Other measures you can take are

Implement an anti-fraud system (SaaS software). We work with Forensiq to filter not only our traffic sources but also our publisher sign up process so we get a better view on who we work with.

Analyze IPs. Most fraudsters will drive multiple conversions from the same IP, which never happens on a good traffic source. Or the IPs will be very similar and go in ascending/descending order.

Analyze conversion rates. If the conversion rate of any given traffic source is significantly higher than the average conversion rate on your campaign, then this could be an indication of fraud. I put this measure on the last place in our list because most fraudsters are smart enough to not drive insanely high conversion rates - they know affiliate networks look at this.

Hey, I would like to ask you something about Forensiq.

Is it a great tool to identify and block bot traffic and spy tools? What are their prices?

Very good advice everyone, thanks for sharing. A "fraud" free industry help and if of interest to both sides of the market.

We implement many of these filters, thats why we opted for premium account management, personal, on-hand, direct ... not just automatic signup process... Each signup/offer, whether its on the affiliate side or advertisers side, is reviewed personally and the first steps are done hand to hand with an AM... to ensure ROI.

We have met with some profiles, in the first steps, that you guys have mentioned, specially in certain markets in Asia. However we are quick to detect them, if we ever have any major issue with a certain profile, we will definately remember to post it here!

Hi guys, I'm an AM at moreniche and we've also considered implementing a more in depth sign up process to filter out any fraudulent sign ups. We currently have a part time compliance administrator so we are able to manually monitor anything suspicious.

Generally, if we see a new sign up from the same IP as an existing affiliate (flags up automatically) this may potentially be an affiliate creating multiple accounts for fraudulent reasons, as well as this it's a common sense thing I suppose, as we manually approve all new affiliates if their address, email, name etc. looks very unusual then that's often a good indicator that it's false info.

We do have a delay on all first payments too, so once an affiliate hits their min pay eg. $100, there will be a 30 day delay before the payment is sent. This gives us a good window to spot any fraudulent sales and charge them back before the affiliate gets paid, so that works well too.

I wouldn't say fraud is a massive issue currently, just the odd case here and there, but interesting to read what others are doing to prevent/monitor!

If your conversion rate is up to 50% higher than the average we see amongst our +8000 affiliates we wont raise any red flags. If however we see that a publisher thas a conversion rate that is 10% Times (1,000%) higher than the average, this will definitely raise a red flag.

Your CR can thus be up to 50% higher before any questions will get asked by the AM to you. At that point you can still show how you run the campaign with screenshots to prove the traffic is real. Real affiliates wont have any issues with this. Its only the fraudsters that will do 60%CR whereas everyone else is doing 5-6% (for example) - this of course will get you a call from the AM to clarify what you're doing.

I agree with you but up to some extent, the last point which you raised I don't agree to that, I don't want networks to raise suspicion on publishers if the conversion rates are higher than usual. I, being a publisher have the history of highest conversion rates. I think it will be unfair if networks start pointing fingers on those who have high conversion rates. As @BobanV said, yes, there should be a strict interview before approving new publishers.

I am still trying to get an account on Peerfly (@LukePeerFly) & a4d.com but they are asking for a network reference which I can't provide because I never find my AM online. Never.

I am just keeping my point, Peace!!!

s2L35PL.png

Regards
IndeXer

Just to add to the above mentioned
Look carefully to their email addresses and skype id. fraudsters need to change them frequently, so the email can contain lots of numbers like myname123456789@domain.com
You can look on the number of contacts in their skype account, it can be created specially for registering in your network and you'll be the only one contact.

That is very true and am very glad that you have gained courage to share this. Now days the people engaging in the fraud are very smart. You will barely notice that they have trapped you until you are caught up. We can however be alert just to get to observe some suspicious activities and report to the relevant authorities. lets stay safe.

MI
Back