The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Found a niche! Maybe bad choice.

mekap04

affiliate
I found a niche two days ago and made a blog but I dont think its going to do very well. My niche is about baby gender prediction and I found a great product or affiliate program to put on my blog but I cant seem to market it. I dont see too many people wanting information on baby gender prediction. What can I do. I dont want to start building traffic knowing its not going to make me any money in the long run.

I'm not sure about which niches are good and which ones aren't, but I would give it more than two days to get noticed. I started a blog around the same time I started doing this and, with only doing article marketing for it and pinging, it took a few days for the site to really start getting traffic. (My traffic still isn't great on that site, but more because I haven't really focused on it yet. But it is getting more traffic than when I started.)

Give it some time before judging whether it's working or not. Some niches might do well, but may take some time for you to get noticed.

Grady

Thanks for that good feedback Grady.

mekap04 said:
"I dont see too many people wanting information on baby gender prediction."

I'm curious about a couple things. How did you pick the niche? Did you do some keyword research 1st? If you researched and found enough positive reasons to build a blog, then what's changed just 2 days later to make you think you made a mistake?

What makes you think not many want info? Because of a lack of traffic you're getting? If so, like Grady said, you haven't given it enough time. 2 days isn't enough time to judge.

There are is some decent search volume. But to get your share of some of the traffic will take some time and some work.

Free GTrends Tool From Wordtracker
Looks like it gets a fair amount of searches and the competition is pretty low.

"Baby gender predictor" - the highest searched phrase - has REALLY nice low competition.
allintitle: "baby gender predictor" - Google Search

So I'm not sure I'd give up this fast.

baby gender prediction

HI,
I think that this is a good niche!
Why don't you check the competition first.
Also be aware that demographics for this kind of products make a HUGE change.

I use to run a small size PPC campaign first and check it out before running into landing pages
Cheers, PPCBully

Well doesn't that sound fun. Perhaps you can offer other products and information regarding the baby - or more importantly- the expectant mother realm.

What an interesting choice of a niche. Good Luck with it. I think it would be interesting to see all the info on such a subject. :)

I think it is a good niche. A LOT of women want to know/predict the gender of the baby. Not everyone can have ultrasounds 5 times during pregnancy to figure out the gender. It is a mixure of hormones and excitement.

You can see all of these baby-related forums. Women discuss gender differences and gender predictions all the time. It is one of the mentioned topics.

Give it time, work on the content, be patient.

You pretty much have to find a heavily travelled niche that doesn't have a lot of competition. I use Google's KW too - I know others use other tools that are just as effective.

I'm not sure about which niches are good and which ones aren't, but I would give it more than two days to get noticed. I started a blog around the same time I started doing this and, with only doing article marketing for it and pinging, it took a few days for the site to really start getting traffic. (My traffic still isn't great on that site, but more because I haven't really focused on it yet. But it is getting more traffic than when I started.)

Give it some time before judging whether it's working or not. Some niches might do well, but may take some time for you to get noticed.

Grady

You make a great point, I currently have the same issues with building traffic to a few of the blogs that I have. The funny thing about that is I don't want to build a site around the blogs until I see more traffic.

One thing that I did do that I wish I hadn't I did a campaign with adwords and the impressions was in the 100s of thousands...but I still was only getting a few hundred clicks too my blog, but only making about .04 cents a day. Finding the right way to promote traffic to your site is another issue.

I think it's a great idea. Your niche sounds great because crisis or not, many women will love to get this info.

the niche is only good if people are searching for those keywords in google, unless you use PPC to drive your traffic.

You need to find a niche with good traffic, and be able to rank in the top few positions in google if you are going the organic traffic route

just found me my micro niche while going through this forum. I had already bought up the domain names for this niche i just hadnt followed it up because i couldnt find affiliate progs - i have now. I have looked and the demand supply ratio is still the same and with the domainnames i have i should be able to dominate.

I tend to get a bit lazy partly because i have my finger in so many pies but i guess i better get on with following it up. I think when trying to find a micro niche u have to think outside of the box. What things in life are difficult to do? If u had to do it - could u? could a lot of other people do it? Thats my approach anyway.

The Google Keyword tool canbe great at finding microniches - i always use it - ok takes longer but its FREE!

Good lucj

LOL.just found 2 more niches with products on clickbank that i can probably use. Havent manged to find one anywhere else. Again found withthe GKT!

Now if u find a niche then find someone has nabbed the .com for the domain name keyword- all is not lost. Often people buy up the domainnames for resale. And even if the .com has been taken, take alook at the site and see if u can beat it. Check its pr too. Often if its just a lain old html site u can def beat it with a .net wordpress site. Also se if the top site in google that comes up is ranking for a root domain or sub domain ie site.com/keyword

If you can pick the right keywords and a good domain, with a bit of content marketing you can be a winner.
Check out Google's results
Check out any PPC campaigns running
Check out any Amazon offers
Check ebay pulse
and if you think it is a profitable niche, run for it

P. S. If not so and you are still passionate about the topic,
you can run adsense or pregnancy related offers alongside.

Hope this helps.

I have not researched this niche to know if it is a good choice or not BUT I can assure you that there would have to be related topics that are....so...

Start by doing your research (which really you should already have done) to see if this is indeed a good niche. If yes..then carry on.

Let's say you find out it is not, then find all your terms and use Google Wonder Wheel or Adwords tool to find related niches and terms. Then build out your site to include the terms that ARE good.

So now you have a site with content much of which you ignore but it is there as filler and you direct the traffic to the PAGES that can make you money.

What many people in IM fail to realize is that you do not have to rank whole websites. You can make great money with just a few individual pages.

And because you have the other content, Google and readers will view this as a content rich site not a made for affiliate sales or made for adsense site, even if they never visit the other pages because they know they are there.

The Key is what has already been said several times in this thread.
First do research
think of something literally anything and head on over to google search it take a note of teh number of results and sponsored listings (if they are there for sure there is money!)
next search for it to check for competing target pages "KEYWORD/NICHE" (no need to worry bout sponsored here as they will be the same as the regular searchor close only rotating based on price of impressions)
now go to Google adwords keyword tool look for number of seraches for that keyword/niche
check the bid price for keywords
now head over to google wonderwheel and then use those results to plug into Googles adword
Another place to go to start drilling is google insights
basically use all of this and make a determination as to high search and low competition and by competition you should also be checking to see if the sponsored listing are also ranking organically (real dominance)
and also just because a site ranks high doesn't mean it will always be there (as in can't be over taken)
And all you really need to focus on is the top 4
I have a lot of sites where i rank 3-5 and it still works fine for me.
I have been using pretty much the same method for about 2 years and only change it to incorporate some of the other sites like ebay pulse and amazon trends
Best of circumstances to all
threeg5

Before you give up on your niche you should wait and advertise your site, post comments on blogs and forums, write articles you should see more traffic coming thru then.

MI
Back