The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Forums with fake statistics why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

temi

affiliate
I once bought a forum about 4-5 years ago, I looked at the stats at the bottom of the forum and there were hundreds of users and guest online, after buying the forum I found out that the stats were all lies.

There is a forum I used to visit that does the same thing, also come across another forum this evening with one of this fake members, the question is, why pretend to be what you are not?

I guess it makes the forum look busy and when new people visit, they join thinking there is lots of members so must be interesting.

Yes, but I sort of lose respect for a forum that lure me in with fake stuff, I will be wondering what is real there.

I actually bought advertising on one forum based on these fake statistics than few weeks later I realized that almost 90% of posts on that forum made by the owner...

Good I did not pay a lot for that since there are practically no referrals from there according to my statistics...

Now I always check for new posts number/date/authors before I bother to join any forums...

Last edited:
if your pretending you have thousands of users your screwwing yourself over because I tend to stay away from huuuge forums.

I once bought a forum about 4-5 years ago, I looked at the stats at the bottom of the forum and there were hundreds of users and guest online, after buying the forum I found out that the stats were all lies.

There is a forum I used to visit that does the same thing, also come across another forum this evening with one of this fake members, the question is, why pretend to be what you are not?

Can we get the forum name? :D

Yes, trust is a big issue with me and a website. And BTW Temi, can you translate "its really daft"
into American Slang for me :) ?

I once bought a forum about 4-5 years ago, ... the question is, why pretend to be what you are not?

Did you answer your own question here? Did seeing those big numbers maybe effect your buying decision? (I'm not saying I agree with fake stats, btw)

The big number did not affect my buying decision....I did not want the forum, it was part of a domain/site package, but I was still diappointed about the deception.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back