The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Forum Design

RiverWire

affiliate
Hey everyone, just a quick question

I have a forum running on phpBB modified by Przemo its a great script but feel that i really need to upgrade to VB . How hard is it to get VB to look like the template ive already got ? ive never had a play with VB.

My forum is located here Tottenham Hotspur - Spurs Forum :: Forum index

Or should i just upgrade to phpBB 3.0.x ? it looks very nice but there isnt many mod's for it yet

I think customizing vB is not difficoult. All you need to edit is css at the admin board. I would say it would take at most two hours (containing the image editing as well).

Thanks bagi have you had a look at phpBB 3.0.x ? it looks very nice.

If i was to go for VB is VBseo really worth going for ? seem like alot of money for a site that make's next to nothing for me lol

Yes, i checked your forum before posting. I think vBulletin is a respectful script, but i haven't bought the vBseo for it. I found that quite expensive and found a great substitution mod instead of that which was free.

I think if the current script fulfull your and your community's need it is not necessary to purchase vB.

oh really does that mod give keyword URL's etc ? im quite worried about all the indexed pages that already on the forum if i use the existing database will these urls remain the same ?

Vbrewrite provides very nice URLs, but as i can read it from your sentences you don't have too much willingness to change the existing script and i think you are absolutly right, and your current forum is quite nice!

Hmm yeah i suppose i do quite like the script that im using but there are many problems that im getting now and as the forum forum gets bigger the problems will get worse.

So i know that ive got to change but just trying to figure out what i need to prepare before i do it.

If you decide to purchase the vB i would gladly help you to set the vbrewrite with the hacked mod and with same setting screenshots.

Ok that would be fantastic Bagi thank you very much. One more thing question.

Would i be able to install VB in another directory with the current SQL database then once its all running ok move it to /forum/ ?

I'm not sure that VB could use the db created by phpbb, but it is possible to convert the existing tables somehow maybe using this mod.

banners
Back