The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

First Time Experience with Facebook

henlus

When I sign up for FB back in 2010, I found it somehow confusing. Although it was very popular among almost all my friends, I did not make good use of it because I was tied down by academic work. It was not until 2012 that I became an active FB user. Sometimes I found myself spending hours on FB but I always try to avoid going overboard. How was yours like?

Originally had it years ago and didn't use it very often. Now I find myself checking it daily to interact with friends.
In the future I will use it quite a bit for marketing and other projects.

My experience with Facebook is much the same. I joined, invited a bunch of HS classmates and tries the site out. It was OK then, I played a few games - got hooked on Mafia Wars for a bit, then quit when I went back to school. Now the site is not nearly as user-friendly and generally annoys me. I much prefer G+. However, we all stick around for the same reason: Our friends are there.

I was reluctant to join Facebook at first because I had a feeling I would wind up spending way too much time there. I did join and connected with some old friends as well as new ones whom I had meet from Internet marketing membership sites and forums. I have managed to avoid spending too much time with the online games and chat; it was just a matter of sheer discipline as my time is limited.

Over the years, I have tended to use Facebook mostly for professional and business purposes. I am in some groups on Facebook based on my niche and marketing interests. I also check out a lot of different Facebook fan pages as personal enjoyment as well as for research purposes. I also like to keep in touch with some close friends and family as well.

When I joined FB initially I was absolutely hooked. I'd post stuff on an hourly basis, updating statueses, uploading pictures and chatting and commenting, getting hiked about all the likes I'd get. But that fever really wore off within a year. Now even if I do log in, it is only to check up on my friends and drop in a "hi" here and there. I rarely put any statuses, though I do share pictures and music once in a while.

I think 2010 is around the time I started using it. Up until then everyone I knew was on MySpace but eventually MySpace became a ghost town and none of my friends were logging on at all. So I pretty much joined Facebook out of necessity lol. My friends kept saying "Oh, did you see my pictures? Go look at them they're on facebook." and so on. My friends aren't the type to call people so I pretty much had to join to keep up with everyone.

I didn't like it at first and found it confusing but eventually it got better and easier to use.

I have 14 site pages on FB all linked at my sites and have had little success with likes or followers.

However, just the opposite for me at Google + where it's 100:1 pluses to likes and followers. There is absolutely no comparison.

I believe, and some experts have substantiated, that FB is better for Family and real friends, not virtual ones and Google + does better for businesses. However, even my personal Google + page is ions better than the comparative one at FB.

At Facebook, we think it's important to listen to the people who are using the site, since you are our biggest fans, experts and critics...

Personally I joined faced in 2011 immediately after completing my secondary education. At first I found it tricky to embrace its features so I only logged in two times a day. The problem was when after two weeks I familiarized with its features…I didn’t log out of my Facebook page…I could not stay for more than twenty minutes without looking at news updates, uploaded pictures and send SMSs. This went on up to college level were I also kept on doing the same until when my parents decided no more education after I failed more than three times.

I remember the simpler times of Facebook. I joined it back when it was only open to people with college email addresses, and there were still many colleges that hadn't even been added yet. So the atmosphere was rather different from what it is now. Now my nephew has a page. Even my grandma has a page.

Initially I was connecting with anybody and everybody on it. Looking back, I consider a Facebook invite a more personal thing these days and probably wouldn't connect with as many people as I did in the past, nor would I accept the invitations either.

I joined Facebook in 2008 after much pushing from friends and relatives. I had an negative impression about it, so I always turned down invitations to join. I saw those invitations as spam, until my sister invited me. Having grown up with her and knowing her character, I reckoned if she could join, then it must be safe enough for me.

I eventually got an account on Facebook, because all of my friends in high school and college were on it. I think it is a great way now to keep in touch with them, over the years. Now a days, I use it to market my website and make money off of. Facebook if you know how to use it right, is a Goldmine.

I started to become active on this site few years back when I was still on my college years. Though I haven't been doing much activities on Facebook before but when the time that some other social media sites were down because of the Facebook popularity, I started to become more active on here and it also helps me advertise and get some referrals on websites that I make some money.

banners
Back