The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Firefox claims download success

gkd_uk

Mozilla is claiming a download record for the release of Firefox 3.0.

In the first 24 hours the web browser was available the software was downloaded more than eight million times, says its creator Mozilla.

Statistics from the download servers are being scrutinised to produce an official figure that will be passed to the Guinness World Record organisation.

But the launch was marred by news from computer security firms who have found the first flaws in the software.

Read more

I had to download a copy twice. The first time it corrupted on me when their server went down. They should filter that out if possible. I'm sure it happened to many people.

Statistics from the download servers are being scrutinised to produce an official figure that will be passed to the Guinness World Record organisation.

This is a clever PR con there was no record in the Guinness Book of Records, so they could have had two downloads and still set the record.

Can you instal it and run it at the same time as FF2 ?? Or can you easily revert back from FF3 to FF2 ??

The reason that I am asking is because I suspect that some of my Developement Extensions will not work with FF2, in which case, I would be lost for some of the uses that I put FF to during Web Developement.

banners
Back