The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Favorite Steak or Food to Cook on the Grill?

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Forgot to say Happy Labor Day ya'all!

Since one of people's favorite things on this Holiday is having a BBQ, I thought I'd ask.

What's your favorite steak?

Or what's your favorite food to cook on the grill?

OR, if you care to share, what are you cooking today for Labor Day?

My fav steak - RIB EYE!

What I'm BBQing today - Rib Eye and baked potato with the tater cooked on the grill too.
I zap it in microwave until it's just barely soft. Then cut in half, brush with oil and season.
Then throw on the grill while the steak is cooking. Smokey taters - yum!

So how about you???

I am having the following:

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with fresh natural peanut butter made in the store today. (This is another of my favorites).

Macaroni and cheese

Chili

Assorted Donuts

Potato chips

Hamburgers (cooked in a microwave). I love that taste.

Vanilla ice cream

Later I might have some fried Spam sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches and fried bologna sandwiches.

This is what I call good food.

Larry I knew I could count on your to weigh in on this one, but I was hoping today you were going to eat some GOOD food! :p

I knew about the Spam sandwiches and most of your other fav foods. But you like microwave flavored burgers too??? Yikes! :eek:

Didn't really barbecue today, but I like to cook various kinds of steak and chicken on a charcoal fire. Especially either mesquite or hickory. Oh, and veggetable kabobs with zucchini, squash, onions, bell peppers (yellow, green, and red), and mushrooms brushed with a little Italian dressing. And corn smeared with butter and sprinkled with garlic salt (or with the garlic salt mixed with the butter before spreading on the corn) wrapped in foil and tossed on the coals. :D Yummy!

Another easy meal to do is to take some ground beef, in a patty, on a sheet of foil. Add onion, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and whatever other vegetables you want. Wrap the foil around the food, and toss directly on the coals. Cook for about 20 minutes. Flip. Then cook another 20 minutes. Remove from coals and carefully unwrap. Quick easy meal great for doing at home or on camping trips. :D

Larwee, I'll second the peanut butter sandwich :D

Grady

I'm a little late on this thread, but I love BBQing late into the fall season so here are my favorites to grill:

-veggies - peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, corn
-sausage! There is a great farmer's market very close by that has over 50 varieties of sausages, some of my favorites include duck, bison, apple & cranberry and spicy cheddar
-good 'ol fashioned hamburgers
-brochettes - either lamb or chicken

Hmm, good thing it's almost lunchtime, now I'm hungry. :)

I actually have a funny picture of some huge sausages that we grilled when camping a couple of weekends ago:

n527490384_4037794_6527.jpg

Bar-B-Q Chicken but you need to slow cook it -- parboil it first. Same with spare ribs.
Steak is always a winner and you can cook it fast with open flames -- but Bar-B-Q is carcinogenic -- the burnt crusty fat ...

banners
Back