The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Facts of the week: Google's plans for the next weeks

M

midlandi

Interesting article i found....

Google's Matt Cutts is the premier source for all things related to Google and search engine optimization. He works for the quality group of Google, specializing in search engine optimization issues.

Matt Cutts has just revealed Google's latest ranking plans for 2007 in his blog.

How you might be affected by Google's plans for the next weeks:

* It is likely that you will see more variance in your Google rankings because Google's internal databases are going to be updated every 1-2 days instead of every 3-4 weeks.

* Google usually reveals PageRank updates quarterly to the public. A new PageRank update is underway. However, this does not mean that your Google rankings will change because the new PageRank values are already incorporated into their ranking algorithms.

* Google's supplemental results should be nothing to be afraid of. If your site shows up in the supplemental results, then don't worry. According to Matt Cutts, the PageRank of a web page determines if the page appears in the regular or supplemental results.

* The supplemental results continue to get fresher, "and website owners may see more traffic from their supplemental results pages."

* Google plans to change the "filetype:" operator so that it doesn't require an additional query word.

* Google discovered a small anomaly with .com domains that are hosted outside the US. A fix has been submitted so the rankings of the affected sites might change.

* There will be no "major infrastructure-related" ranking updates in the near future.

This is an absolutely facinating article, I have never really bothered to read that guys blogs, I know the is "Mr Google" but the one you posted makes me read something from him for he first time.

I found the line about more frequent PR update curious, that it what they used to do a few year back.

He is still very much careful about what and how much he says. I watched few of his videos and he repeats the phrase "And thats about all I can say" few times. One time the guy I think said too much and started sweating a bit. Understand him though, lots of preasure

banners
Back