The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Facebook banned my account in the first week

M

Matsinator

Seriously what is Facebook's problem. I ran only 1 ad to try some things out and they already banned me. I used this ad from the image and put it to a landing page. What the hell did I do wrong, I can't figure out what I did that was against the guidelines?

I was really hoping to get in the CPA business ,but now I am just bummed that I already got my account banned in the first week. They don't even tell me what is wrong. I had made some test ads that didn't get banned, this one got conversions and got banned in 2 hours.

Can't someone explain me what the hell went wrong so I can't prevent it if I get my ad account back? I only have one credit card so I can't really make a new ad account, and it will be useless to do so if they just ban me again. I see a lot of CPA marketers using Facebook ads so it can't really be against the guidelines?

My landingpage was just a simple quiz page made with Thrive Architect that I redirected to the offer afterwards. The ad copy also told exactly where the ad was about and it wasn't misleading.

I am normally better in explaining this kind of stuff but the emotions got to me because was really happy with my ad that worked so now I am pretty sick of it...

Hopefully someone has experience with this and can tell me what I did wrong and how to solve/prevent this stuff

Attachments

• whut.jpg
    whut.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 46
Facebook Giveaway Rules: What You Must Know
Here is what appears to be a good explanation

[QUOTE>>>]
3. Promotions on Pages, Groups, and Events
Communicating a Promotion
If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a promotion (ex: a contest or sweepstakes), you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion, including:
  • The official rules;
  • Offer terms and eligibility requirements (ex: age and residency restrictions); and
  • Compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the promotion and all prizes offered (ex: registration and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals).
Pages, Groups and Events Policies
  • >Promotions on Pages, Groups, and Events
No affiliate offered promotions.

Also, your ad says, "Click to Win..." They don't win when they click, do they? Don't they enter to win when they click? Could be considered misleading.

In my experience sweepstakes can work on FB Ads, but as was said above you have to be careful.
In your case I'd say that the offer copy is what got you busted - probably "chance to win" or "click to enter" would be much safer alternatives.

Now you can find out how much "fun" getting a banned account back is - but in my own opinion it's still a safer route with less hassle than creating a new account and then hiding the fact that it is a duplicate from FB.
As I just recently struggled with this myself and managed to get it back finally I can share a small ebook/PDF, which worked for me - I also mentioned this in another thread but removed it later as it caused some people to think it's my own product (it's not, also not an affiliate link). Hope it's okay to post it here: fatfreecartpro.com/i/yf87?card

Basically the point is that FB likes to see certain approach to the appeal so that you'd have a chance to get your account back. Most of it is quite common sense, but there are some subtle details that seem to "make it or break it".
That or I just got lucky :D

Last edited:
That's true, but also FB traffic has no match in terms of quality (almost no bots) and targeting options.
I would say the frequent bans are the biggest downside. So in the end it's up to you to decide if for you it's a bigger problem to be banned every now and then OR that traffic quality is not that great OR that you can't target etc.

No right or wrong answers here really, just personal preference.

It's normal, i recommend you to create more account!
Contact the Fb assistant!
An ask they can unlock you more at account!

But the official rules are on the offer page? The targeting was 18+ as well

Also, your ad says, "Click to Win..." They don't win when they click, do they? Don't they enter to win when they click? Could be considered misleading.

Maybe what I am going to say is stupid, but isn't win always a chance? The word win always combines with chance doesn't it?

In my experience sweepstakes can work on FB Ads, but as was said above you have to be careful.
In your case I'd say that the offer copy is what got you busted - probably "chance to win" or "click to enter" would be much safer alternatives.

Now you can find out how much "fun" getting a banned account back is - but in my own opinion it's still a safer route with less hassle than creating a new account and then hiding the fact that it is a duplicate from FB.
As I just recently struggled with this myself and managed to get it back finally I can share a small ebook/PDF, which worked for me - I also mentioned this in another thread but removed it later as it caused some people to think it's my own product (it's not, also not an affiliate link).

Basically the point is that FB likes to see certain approach to the appeal so that you'd have a chance to get your account back. Most of it is quite common sense, but there are some subtle details that seem to "make it or break it".
That or I just got lucky :D

Thanks for this! But my opinion is that the word win is never something certain. I am not sure how to explain that correctly in English, but in my eyes when you use the word win it always indicates a contest or chance. You never win by only clicking?

It's normal, i recommend you to create more account!
Contact the Fb assistant!
An ask they can unlock you more at account!

Can you explain this more further? I actually got my account back and they apologized within a day... I would love to hear how I get more accounts because they seem to deactivate accounts with some kind of bots or something?

My account is back online now but I wait for more answers here before I start again. I think the information was pretty valuable and waiting for more answers untill I make another ad. I want to do this the right way!

I see what you mean - there are two ways to interpret this
a) you will win (certain)
b) you have a chance to win (aspect of luck)

FB can interpret this as either of these and if they choose option A, you might be in trouble, and they don't have to explain their decisions. Play it safe :)

I know what you are saying. So I will do chance to win or something. Thanks for your tips!

I Agree with you facebook don't allow spam post and the main thing is that facebook its larget social media platfrom so firstly understand tha facebook protocols.

Are you looking traffic source platform don't forget social media is vast traffic source platform

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion, including:

What is it you don't understand -- I just don't get it?
-- you got the Facebook slap-down for the above reason
You tried to scam and got caught -- WTF they don't want sweepstakes/contest offers advertised except by the principals
better luck next time

I had this happen to me. Our business was giving way 100 euro/day for an image posting site contest. Facebook gave me a decline at first -- when I explained we were the principal payer and I was an authorized official -- they allowed our ads.

Just like the rules stated say ...

^^^you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion, including:

What is it you don't understand -- I just don't get it?
-- you got the Facebook slap-down for the above reason
You tried to scam and got caught -- WTF they don't want sweepstakes/contest offers advertised except by the principals
better luck next time

I had this happen to me. Our business was giving way 100 euro/day for an image posting site contest. Facebook gave me a decline at first -- when I explained we were the principal payer and I was an authorized official -- they allowed our ads.

Just like the rules stated say ...

Why was I scamming? I am not trying scam anyone?

In recent times, Facebook has been inadequately cautious with new advertisers. Try writing a support service with a detailed explanation of your advertising campaign. Most likely you will be unblocked (unless, of course, you are using your facebook account and your payment method).
And next time, I recommend starting with promoting your page and the posts of your page. When the page gets a sufficient rating - it will be easier to start a normal advertising campaign.

Nowadays, Facebook is really very stuck with their turns as Facebook has mostly banned account those are totally again their policy and the hardest think into is this, Facebook taking more time to unbanned profiles.

You don't control the contest -- Facebook thinks you are scamming --and that is all that matters --welcome to the Internet -- case closed.

You lost; so move on and stop whining already.
This will change nothing ...

In recent times, Facebook has been inadequately cautious with new advertisers. Try writing a support service with a detailed explanation of your advertising campaign. Most likely you will be unblocked (unless, of course, you are using your facebook account and your payment method).
And next time, I recommend starting with promoting your page and the posts of your page. When the page gets a sufficient rating - it will be easier to start a normal advertising campaign.

But the pages I use have nothing on it actually. So you so make the ad into a post an promote the post option?

MI
Back