The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Facebook ads Expertise Help--

Jobstyle

affiliate
Hi everyone.

I've been struggling with Facebook ads lately when it comes to other GEO's than my own country; NL.

So let me just explain. There's a lead campaign, just a simple SOI.
It's available for multiple GEO's; NL, UK, DE, AU, SE, NO, FI. (capped 50 leads/day each country).

So when I first tested this campaign, of course for my own country; NL.
It went great. Over 100% ROI. Just 50 leads each day.

So I tried getting out of my comfort zone and try other countries.
Here's what I did; Just the exact same ads (translated of course) targeted for UK.

Didn't work out well, higher CPC, lower CVR (comparing to NL)

so I gave it a shot for DE,
same story.

Etc.

So I'm wondering, I don't think it's about my ads, because I don't think I have to approach people very different from other countries right? So I just can't figure out what's the issue.

I'm wondering maybe NL is just an 'easy' country? I wouldn't see why tho.

Thanks for reading and please let me know your thoughts.

PS; maybe I'm just a pro for NL and I should stick to this country;) Let me know if you have Dutch campaigns(CPL).

Heya @Jobstyle, firstly, before you begin a campaign for foreign countries, you should always check out, whether there's a market demand for this service/product in this country. It may actually happen that something is going very well in the Netherlands, in France, however, no one is interested in ;)
For this research and for specific keywords in other countries best use the 'Google Global Market Finder' which allows an approximate estimation of the market potential for different countries.

The second point is the SOI. In AT, CH and DE for example, a DOI is required by law, and you will hardly find someone who will stumble into a SOI ;)

The third reason maybe - though I don't know the service behind the leads -, that this service is actually uninteresting for people from other countries than the NL ;)

+ the #4: You did already - though you may not have noticed it - a kind of geo-split-testing for your offer, and it came out, that your offer works best for the NL. Period.
There's nothing wrong with that. It's the same with an A/B-test between the genders for a lipstick offer. It is perfectly OK, if only women are interested in this offer. [On the contrary, it would be rather questionable, if men would be interested in it :eek::D]

Last edited:
MI
Back