The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Expensive Domain Names — Are They Worth It?

Smithee

affiliate
I've just been reading a news story about a marketing company that bought a domain name for $250K. Since they have that much money I suppose they could buy any domain name, use that money for promoting the site and inform the world of their existence.

If a domain name you wanted isn't available and would cost you about $1K to get it, would you fork out the money?

What's the most you'd pay for a domain name?

I've just been reading a news story about a marketing company that bought a domain name for $250K. Since they have that much money I suppose they could buy any domain name, use that money for promoting the site and inform the world of their existence.

If a domain name you wanted isn't available and would cost you about $1K to get it, would you fork out the money?

What's the most you'd pay for a domain name?
This is depending on branding as well as I'll calculate the maximum revenue. In normally I don't like to buy any domain name which is in the auction. Right now domain name doesn't fact. Think about IFTTT or 9gag. Nothing means but the branding.

Depends on the potential. If I already have a decent income source from something and I wanted to make it available on a site, it could be worth it.

If it was just an idea and wanted the name...probably not worth it to start with!

Even of I had money, I would never pay high amount to have a domain. I would hire a team to come up with a good domain name, register the domain and brand the business according to the domain name. In few years, the domain I registered will have value.

banners
Back