The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Existing free website, buy a domain name?

hi, i tried to PM u but it says i cant coz my post count is 0 !!! huh? i have posted more than 10 times im sure!! grr, just wondered if u could check the meta description is ok for me, but didnt want to post the URL on here, coz didnt want ppl to click on it too much if they not going to be potential customers, coz we are just starting out, its important to monitor website views and customers from the website u see. so what can i do? how can i send it u? ta :)

Back again

Hi, can somene please help me fill in the correct META tags on the 123-reg control panel?

i am getting better with all this HTML code malarky, but, am baffled with this META tag business. i know ppl say not to be as bothered about them, but as i have framed forwarding with 123-reg, in the search engines, i don't get a description, just a "sorry you don't appear to have framed support, go here instead" etc and i can see from googling my problem, that many other users of 123-reg have the same problem. now i thought that if i can fill in these meta tag bits properly, then it would put a propper description on search engines. dogpile search gives a propper description, just not google. only submitted URL a week or so ago, so not properly in all search engines yet :(

ok, here is the code that shows the no frame problem:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" w3org/TR/html4/frameset>
<html lang="en">
<head><title>Driving Schools Mansfield. Pass With Martin. Martin's School of Motoring.</title>
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="imghype.com/data/43302952b1favicon>
<frameset rows="100%">
<frame title="martins-school-of-motoring" src="martins-school-of-motoring" name="mainframe" frameborder="0" noresize="noresize" scrolling="auto">
<noframes>Sorry, you don"t appear to have frame support.
Go here instead - <a href="martins-school-of-motoring> Driving Schools Mansfield. Pass With Martin. Martin's School of Motoring.</a></noframes>
</frameset>

I would ideally like the title to say "Driving Schools Mansfield. Pass With Martin. Martin's School of Motoring" and the description to say "Driving lessons with a friendly pateint and reliable instructor. Competitive rates. First lesson free, no obligation"

here are all the codes that have something to do with META:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>

<META NAME="piczo-subject" CONTENT="4esrknu1j8cpa">
<META NAME="piczo-session" CONTENT="y">
<META NAME="piczo-owner-member" CONTENT="4esrknu1j8cpa">
<META NAME="piczo-owner-country" CONTENT="GB">
<META NAME="piczo-owner-language" CONTENT="en">

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="INDEX, FOLLOW">
<meta name="title" content="Martins School of Motoring. 07939 057970 Driving Instructor. Driving School. Mansfield Ashfield Nottinghamshire ">
<meta name="keywords" content="Martins School of Motoring 07939 057970 Driving School Driving Instructor Mansfield Sutton-In-Ashfield Kirkby-In-Ashfield Huthwaite Mansfield Woodhouse Skegby Cheap Competitive rates First lesson Free ">
<meta name="description" content="Martins School of Motoring. 07939 057970 Driving instructor Mansfield, Mansfield Woodhouse, Sutton in Ashfield, Kirkby, Huthwaite Skegby, NG17, NG18, NG19,
Competitive rates. first lesson free. friendly patient 07939057970">
<meta http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache" />
<META HTTP-EQUIV="imagetoolbar" CONTENT="no">
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<META LANG="en-US">
<title>Martins School of Motoring. 07939 057970 Driving Instructor. Driving School. Mansfield Ashfield Nottinghamshire </title>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ads1.msn.com/library/dap.js"></script>

ok, i hope someone can help, anything is better than "sorry you don't appear to have framed support..."
and we can't do non-framed forwarding, as it would confuse customers seeing a different URL in the address bar to what they typed!

Thanks in advance :D

p.s. had to edit all the links, as apparently i havent posted more than 10 times!! erm yes i have thanks! lol!
so i'v took all the http's and .'s etc out, if anyone needs to see it properly, let me know. ta :D

also, can this thread be moved to the right place please? i don't know why it is in websites for sale, it can be in hints and tips for new webmasters if thats ok mods, thanks :D

banners
Back