The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Exclusive end of hosting market?

M

matthewmurcia

still trying to brainstorm my hosting site ideas.

Now, imagine the difference between

1)a working man's social club where it's 50p a pint on a friday night if you don't bring yer missus and fancy a meat pie and a fight after the darts finishes and

2) an exclusive gentleman's type club where you have to pay 2,500€ (can't find the pounds sign on this keyboard) a year just to be there and the a tenner for every gin & tonic on a Friday night. You definitely can't bring your wife but once you're inside you can pay for all sorts of luxurys :) and have a jolly good time getting bashed with the chaps and have no problem betting cases of champagne and recommending exclusive, invited-only membership to your friends at the cricket club.

then think of those types of characteristics applied to hosting sites, if you can. Which would you prefer? Which is there least of in the market today? Which would make most money?

Were you drinking when you posted this? :D

Mabye I'm tired or confused, but I have no idea what the hell your talking about, sorry d00d.

hahahaha. what i was trying to say as regards hosting was something like this:

would you prefer

a) to pay more money (perhaps substantially more) for your web hosting but knowing that the service was truly excellent, to be part of a small, select group of people hosting their sites but the other people in that hosting community were committed, friendly and enthusiastic about what they were doing, answers were found to all of your problems, even if it took a while and some digging, you had lots of help, tutorials and the like and other goodies and you generally had a really good time and were completely confident that your site was going to be looked after properly and improve all the time OR

b) would you prefer to pay not very much at all (perhaps even have free hosting) but get none of the assurances and commitments in terms of service, enthusiasm and dedication mentioned above

Wasn't drunk but getting a bit weary of alwasy writing about computer things lately.

Totally depends on the services being offerred.
Our services are not cheap, because the datacentres we use help us to provide mirroring, some of the highest datacentre security features in the world including iris scanning, 24hr access, security cards that only allow access to the correct building section, floor and rack cabinet. We also provide totally data-safe fire suppression and a whole host more. In addition, my staff are excellent, highly qualified and are members of various technical guilds. On that basis, you get what you pay for IMO.

The price of your services should reflect the detail of service you offer and to which degree. Nobody would pay an extra hundred quid just because you have decided that by re-wording the fact that you have no customers into "a small select group" that its elite.

chill out, dude, right now I have zero hosting customers. :) and am thinking through some ideas, like I said above. That is the first step to getting anything right. I've no doubt you have a very respectable company that works hard.

I was talking more about the differnces in attitude (from a service and a branding point of view). It's not the same customer experience (or type of customer) who pays 20 quid for a pair of jeans at Tesco than pays 200 pounds for a pair at Gucci. Not better or worse particularly, just different attitudes, and wondering what people thought about that from a hosting point of view.

I'm chilled, it wasn't a personal comment, but a general industry one.

The problem is that you can't just say - we supply quality service, because everyone says that. I would suggest concentrating on gaining local business clients and allowing your reputation to get around.

The person who pays £200 for gucci jeans does so because of the prestigious label. You need to get people to consider your service to be prestigious. If tesco sold unbranded unknown jeans for £200 nobody would buy them I hope that explains what I was meaning better.

banners
Back