The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

European Hosting Market

F

fcolor

Hello,

I think that even there are single EU market on paper you can not say that for the hosting industry in Europe. It is definetely not the same like North America. Media, hosting standarts and everithing looks better there.

The only EU hosts that provide global service come from UK. I know that there are one of two big German companies but most of their customers are in Germany but not accross Europe.

So what do you think about European hosting market? Do you think it's going to globalize or msot host will stay in their own countries?

Best Regards
Dimitar

How are their pings compared to NA companies?

I'm assuming that temi has this site running on Velnet and it loads extremely quickly for me so I see no reason why globalization can't happen.

Well I think the network is good in EU so it does not matter if you host your site in Germany, Spain, Netherlands or UK. Of course support, language and common marketplace are extremely important. You know that there are many people who prefer to communicate in their own language but not in english. So they will choose a provider from their own country. At the same time you can not have customer support in 25 or more EU languages. The Commission in Brussels could affor it :) but not small businesses.

I like the way people in UK do business and that's why I'm saying that only UK companies are capable enough to provide quality service accross Europe at this time.

Best Regards
D.

I meant across the pond actually. The only reason I ask is that I used to be part of a gaming website that had European Game Servers, I even adminned some but my pings were never great.

To me the only appeal of a Uk hostign company is that they are closer to home and I can get ahold of them easier if needed. The USA hosting companies are much cheaper due to the echange rate.

TBH, I don't think the US is that much cheaper for end users. I base this on competitive market, for UK webhosts to succeed they need to be able to compete with the US market.

I know that my company services are more expensive than say godaddy or 1and1 however the services offerred are very different, I think that perhaps the yanks have a better marketing strategy overall, they have managed to convince their userbase that cheapest is best.

99c hosting in the states did REALLY well, making overnight billionaires out of the CEO's, problem is, it couldn't be sustained and those companies are now no more.

Companies like 1&1 in the EU (de & uk) have a far better strategy, charging reasonable rates for good hardware and OK support. It's not ideal but it's a good step and their figures show this: over 5.1million domain names registered so far.

My only gripe is that proporationally, yanks can make more profit due to bandwidth pricing and peering costs being far lower over there.

Technically, to make the same profit we would be MUCH more expensive to host with over here but to stay competitive we must sometime make a loss.

stealthhosts said:
My only gripe is that proporationally, yanks can make more profit due to bandwidth pricing and peering costs being far lower over there.

Technically, to make the same profit we would be MUCH more expensive to host with over here but to stay competitive we must sometime make a loss.

I can also say that besides the lower hardware and network costs is US there some States that offer companies better business environment than most of the Europe countries. Texas and Delaware for example do not impose state taxes at all.

Best Regards
D.

fcolor said:
I can also say that besides the lower hardware and network costs is US there some States that offer companies better business environment than most of the Europe countries. Texas and Delaware for example do not impose state taxes at all.

Best Regards
D.

When you say state taxes, are you refering to sales tax or income tax?

It works the same as Fedaral tax in US or the regular corporate taxes that companies pay in European countries. Consumers pay tax over every purchase they made. If you are incorporated in ... State of NY for example you should collect this tax and pay it to the state authorities. Delaware tax for example is a flat fee of $200 per year. But most States collect tax on purcahses.

Best Regards
D.

banners
Back