The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Esyndicat directory

gkd_uk

Hi

Anyone who has setup the Esyndicat Web Directory, have you had a 404 error when clicking on popular listings, or a sub category.

I have setup the script, connected it to a SQL database and setup permissions as stated in the instruction manual but recieve error 404 page can not be displayed when I try opening a category.

I have visited the Esyndicat support forum and found this link

My hosting company has informed me that their servers support this script and all the required modules are running on their servers.

Just wondering if anyone has come across this error before and how you resolved it.

Thanks

i had some errors and i solved by these steps:

1- in includes/config.inc.php find the code:

define("ROOT", $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].DS);

and replace it with:

define("ROOT", $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/foldername'.DS);

i do not know if it is like that in your hosting account but in my ftp, every domain has each folders.if it is like that in your ftp, write the folder name of your directory here: '/foldername'

2- check if you have a .htaccess file,

3- if you have a .htaccess file, you will see code on top:
# enable mod_rewrite
RewriteEngine on

after this code, write:
RewriteBase /

then it would be:
# enable mod_rewrite
RewriteEngine on

RewriteBase /

if you can not solve the problem wtih these steps, disable mod_rewrite. then check if your directory has problems or not.if you have, that means there is problem about your installation.if you do not have, that means your .htaccess is not working.

and lastly, in some hosts, you have to wait about 30-60 minutes.then the .htaccess file is working.

Thanks addlinkurl

I'll give that ago now

I have already tried: enable mod_rewrite RewriteEngine on and disabled mod_rewrite.

I'm going to:

1- in includes/config.inc.php find the code:

define("ROOT", $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].DS);

and replace it with:

define("ROOT", $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/foldername'.DS);

i do not know if it is like that in your hosting account but in my ftp, every domain has each folders.if it is like that in your ftp, write the folder name of your directory here: '/foldername'

Thanks for your help

If your having this issue, here's the fix.

Firstly follow link

If you are still having the issue after you have followed the intructions from the link below, here's how to fix it.

Open your htaccess file and add a forward slash as below (in red):

RewriteRule ^index([0-9]+).html$ /index.php?category=&page=$1
RewriteRule ^index.html$ /index.php?category=$1
RewriteRule ^(.*)/index.html$ /index.php?category=$1
RewriteRule ^(.*)/index([0-9]+).html$ /index.php?category=$1&page=$2

banners
Back