The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

.Edu and .Gov backlinks

teambuilding

affiliate
Hi guys,
SEO is not my job, but I am learning it for my own personal education.
So, I put blog up and building links.

Now i created a footprint and located gov and edu blogs to which I would like to respond to.

The challenge is - none of them seem to have afield for URL, so there is no ability to leave a link (in the body of message HTML is not working).

These forums have opportunity to login with Open ID, Google account, Leave journal etc.

But it give me no link juice.

Could you please advise how to go around this issues?

Thank you.

Best advice: Stop worrying about EDU and GOV links. They have no value beyond PageRank, like any other site. This has been confirmed repeatedly Google.
Even if they did allow links, they would almost certainly be nofollow anyway.

The time you spend trying to find .gov and .edu blogs and forums would probably be better spent finding other linking opportunities. It's too time-consuming to try to find .gov/edu links that have dofollow links. Better to put out some content or do other strategies.

Speaking of backlinks from .edu sites - if you guys heard the latest about Overstock dot com and what happened to them...why in the world would a big company like that try to have kids in colleges backlink to them.

I feel like a lot of these companies out there have some shady SEO ppl working for them...

just my two cents...

Sometimes it can be very hard to get a backlinks from .gov and .edu blog. Your best bet it to spread your research to see if you can get links from doing other activities.

If you do more social networking, make friends on different forums, and give good advice on other blog sites, maybe other people will recognize your brand. Therefore, that will put you as an expert on your niche.

You could ignore them or use the code to find them as the second or third poster said - you can also use small variations with that code. Even with this it's extremely hard to get them to accept you. You can also use a variation of that code to find gov and edu forums and post a link to your site in the profile - but it only helps when the profiles are public (test this by clicking on a members name when u are not logged in). If it asks u to login it's not public and will do you no good.

But as minstrel said - some believe its shady and a waste of time.

I do post comments sometimes on .edu blogs, JIC it might help somehow...I don't find it difficult to find blogs allowing comments with links, but most times I get nofollow links, so I don't think they matter.

The time you spend trying to find .gov and .edu blogs and forums would probably be better spent finding other linking opportunities. It's too time-consuming to try to find .gov/edu links that have dofollow links. Better to put out some content or do other strategies.

Totally agree! it must be literally like looking for a needle in a haystack for such links, my time is better spent writing a cracking article on Ezine etc with a good ol resource box link.

MI
Back