The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ecommerce strategy in 2020

OscarMike

I finished watching a great video series by a successful dropshipper named Gabriel St Germain. In his videos, he talks about the importance of picking trending products that are new (aka they're not listed on Amazon yet), that have a wow factor, and that solve a problem.

But, I also read a book called DotCom Secrets by Russell Brunson and he said that the copywriting (aka the words in the ad, the words on the product page) matter more than the actual product.

Which strategy do you think will lead to a more profitable ecommerce store? The right product or the right words?

Thanks

I finished watching a great video series by a successful dropshipper named Gabriel St Germain. In his videos, he talks about the importance of picking trending products that are new (aka they're not listed on Amazon yet), that have a wow factor, and that solve a problem.

Trending products go like up like wave then crash
Plan ahead, start marketing 3-6 months ahead
Try to predict when wave will crash
Best is seasonal products

What's wrong with a product listed on Amazon?

But, I also read a book called DotCom Secrets by Russell Brunson and he said that the copywriting (aka the words in the ad, the words on the product page) matter more than the actual product.

Words help sell the product
But you don't need many words on product pages
x 300 it's enough

Which strategy do you think will lead to a more profitable ecommerce store? The right product or the right words?

Right products & right words

The best e-commerce right now is 'convenience' and social distancing safety. People are buying more online and less locally in person. Even local retail that delivers or offers free pickup.

One of the dropshipping guides I've bene following (Gabriel St Germain) said that charcoal teeth whitening was trending and becoming popular in 2017. It wasn't available on Amazon at the time. He made a lot of money with a one product shopify store selling it.

Is there anything preventing someone from starting a successful charcocal teeth whitening dropshipping store today in 2021? Is the market too saturated? ie do a lot of people now know about charcoal teeth whitening compared to 2017? everyone can get it on amazon.

what are you thoughts?

I do agree that copywriting matters even more than the products that you sell. The fashion on products cannot last forever, but your copywriting skills and your skill to persuade people to use your services are precious. Whatever goods you sell, the most important thing is to attract people to your website.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter which strategy you prefer the matter is how you are successful with certain strategies. Of course it should be elaborated by yourself and there are no other ways, I believe that the main is to know your business. Ecommerce is such a sphere, where isn't pretty easy to become successful, you have to know plenty of peculiarities in this sphere in order to earn some money. Commerce, actually, in my opinion, is one of the most difficult spheres for earning money, because everything isn't obvious here. Hence we must seriously approach this activity if we want to be successful.

banners
Back