The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

E-Greetings and Games for Sale

Well done if it was spam get rid of it.

Then again a webmaster of another forum took the liberty of removing my sig line saying that advertising or linking to a business website was spam from the sig line.

I'd posted around 20 relies etc there and they didn't have a problem before, are people becoming over zealous when it comes to spam?

Spam to me is blatant posting of advertising on forums (in the body) or the sending of 1000s of emails to people who did not subscribe.

rules, from forum varies. I am tolerant of regular members having whatever signature they like or even plugging their product or services, but someone who register and the only post is some rubbish dumping urls in the body of a post and saying click here, I cannot stand.

Duke is one of the most tolerant guys, so anything he considers a Spam is definitely 101% Spam

Thanks temi.

Each site defines spam differently. I believe here we are trying to build a definative webmaster resource so signing up only to spam multiple forums with your product/link is adding nothing to the formula. I try to be extremely fair when it comes to new members signing up and plugging away but copying and posting the same message across 3 forums is just plain ignorant IMO.

All other blatant promotion plugs are left for a week and if the person does not come back then I usually try to edit that as well (assuming it hasn't already been done).

You are right. But did you sent any message to this guy telling him why it was edited?

I am not saing you sould or you should not, but I was banned from a forum after posting some 15 or 20 posts and they did not tell me why. Not a single message or e-mail or anything.

This is wrong. Maybe i did something bad but at least they should tell me what.

banners
Back