The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

e-commerce website vs. starting a blog

Meredith.Black

affiliate

Hello guys,

I have been looking around at several ideas for starting an e-commerce website vs. starting a blog and running some type of advertisement on it. I know this is a very general question, but which one do you think will require more time commitment to get going? It seems to be a blog will require less time and money but that might mean the return will be less.

Any thoughts?

There are different kinds of ecommerce website, the type of ecommerce website you run will determine how much time you need to run it.
Blogs, though not as lucrative as ecommerce sites required very little time, you just write articles and post it.
If you run and ecommerce website like the kind I have in mind such as say a golf equipment store like this one, you need a lot of time just to update the site with the latest products but the reward is also huge.

I think the e-commerce site would get a lot of committment going as blogs are relatively easy to set up, whereas e-commerce is a bit difficult and time conduming.

IMO, The E-commerce site would be a right choice. Also, creating a blog to advertise your own ecommerce site ads would be more profitable. This way you can earn from both.

I'd say go for both. You want to do as much as possible to increase awareness of your business and create multiple streams of income.

bro. its depend on ur business.
some time blog is enaf.
however if you started a e commerce web, then u should need a blog to explain your business and for marketing.

nowadays there r lot of plugins, that will change our usual wordpress blog as a pro e commerce site.
Good luck

You won't make much money selling advertising space on a blog. If you plan to use Adsense then for every 1000 visitors you get on your blog you might make say $5.

Even if you have amazing creative writing skills you may struggle to get more than maybe 100 visitors a day unless you put a lot of time and effort into driving traffic to it.

E-commerce of course has the potential to make real money and if you are able to set up an online secure payment portal and build your site yourself (there are off the shelf e-commerce scripts like cubecart out there), your setup and running costs will be nice and low. And if you can ship direct to customers then you don't have to hold stock.

banners
Back