The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Dynamic Title for Pages For Optimization.

amit87

affiliate
I am messing up with a situation for which i would like to share with all the members over here and discuss about the situation.

There is a site which is Dynamic and with many dynamic pages which are generated on the user click. So, can i give the dynamic title which is relating to the product in a javascript way:

<script language="javascript">

document.title="Dynamically generated title";

</script>

Can i do what said above for optimization purpose or not.

What will be the Search Engines reaction on doing this will they accept this or any chances of penalization. Please share your ideas and views on it.

KingPin is quite right, search engine bots don't read or execute javascript code. If you want to dynamically generate page titles, then use a server side scripting language instead of client side scripting.

Spiders/bots don't read Javascript so I'm not entirely sure what you're asking?

KP

I am asking that will it make sense for doing it means will Bots read it or not. And is there any way to generate the title dynamically with the criteria of Bots crawling that title.

:thumbsup:

I think what is being said is that there is a link in a piece of javascript that will link to a dynamically created page. The page will ONLY exist at the time of click through, it is not a hard coded page (similar to a search on a search engine).

So here is my reply:~

On click javascript links will not be followed by Google or other search engines, so the pages will not exist and how you title them irrelevant :( .

I am messing up with a situation for which i would like to share with all the members over here and discuss about the situation.

There is a site which is Dynamic and with many dynamic pages which are generated on the user click. So, can i give the dynamic title which is relating to the product in a javascript way:

<script language="javascript">

document.title="Dynamically generated title";

</script>

Can i do what said above for optimization purpose or not.

What will be the Search Engines reaction on doing this will they accept this or any chances of penalization. Please share your ideas and views on it.

I think you have to do it on the server side with a program like mod_rewrite and it is very important

As long as we are on the topic, what do you think the best method for seo and dynamic sites is. Is it language dependent at all, or is it just in the renaming of the urls that matter?

For dynamic sites, I use PHP and MYSQL. Then the pages are constructed on the fly making it simple to construct a "Relevent" set of HMTL Title + H1 Tags etc resulting in a pretty good optimised page. If you take the time to build or even customise a CMS system like this, it is possible to end up with a set of pages very close to what you would have hand coded from scratch.

For SEO purposes and having dynamic content... plain text format generated by your favorite server-side programming language of choice will work. Like:

PHP, ASP, .net, JSP, Perl, Phyton, Cold Fusion, Miva, TCL and more...

Since these languages do all processing on the server before it is sent out to the browser, it is already in plain text. Something search engines can read properly.

Client-side languages will not work since the content is generated by the the web browser. Search engine bots are not web browsers and will simply drop client-side scripting.

JavaScript is client-side.

AJAX is a combination of client-side and server-side, thus generally, AJAX is also not good for SEO, unless it is done properly. Here is a sample of properly done AJAX for SEO.

Flash is also client-side although can also pull data from a server-side database, it is still client-side and content in Flash is not crawled consistently (Although Google can read the content in .swf files in some cases, it is not perfect and cannot be optimized in the same way you do with plain text.) Although there are still solutions to do SEO for Flash.

Wn you say 'dynamic'....you can have dynamic content (i.e. generated by a users search query) but the url and title can remain static. You want the title to change depending upon what they search for?

Yes as the page title must reflect the page content.

There is a black hat technique that eploits this. OBVIOUSLY I am not going to post the methodology on an open forum though :D Suffice to say, I have damaged one of my test sites by doing it, (deliberately as a test of course) so it works.

My view is that page titles, like URLs, should be permanent. If the content of the document is dramatically different, then maybe it should be a new pages with a new title and a new url.

MI
Back