The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Done For You Sites

azlan

affiliate
Has anyone had experience of buying "done for you sites" which could be Amazon or Adsense type sites for monetizing? These can be costly but can they be successful, making you more money than you've invested?

You can make money with those kind of sites if you know what you are doing, but think about this: If a site like that can generate more money than it costed you then why don't the seller keep the site for himself? The answer is simple... It is true that the site he sells is fully set up and functional, but the hard part awaits for you. You have to rank it on google :) With services like this, you pay for the site creation, setup, keyword research, and content generation, but SEO is usually not included so it won't just start making money on autopilot.

It is possible to make money, but only possibly from old traffic from the old website to your new site. However, in my opinion, I think that this may work for a while, but if you don't promote your website, you probably won't get money on autopilot, as said above.

My son and his friends have a site on shopify and it's worked out very well. Shopify is basically a made-for-you ecommerce solution. I think it took us maybe 3 hours to from start to finish to buy them a domain, get them set up, have their items uploaded, and make the site live. They make a little over a thousand dollars a month working (less than) part-time. They're teens, and it's been a great lesson in responsibility. I think it's worth a try, if it's something you're interested in.

I love these types of sites, but it should be noted that not all of them are equal. Some sites' templates are incredibly heavy and take too long to load. Still, either one would still be a whole lot easier to make and put up compared to starting from scratch. The best thing about these types of sites is that they offer both simple and complex types of websites, and the fact that they are able to offer a customizable e-commerce website is very noteworthy in my opinion, since I know those are hard to make, let alone making them as customizable as they are.

My son and his friends have a site on shopify and it's worked out very well. Shopify is basically a made-for-you ecommerce solution. I think it took us maybe 3 hours to from start to finish to buy them a domain, get them set up, have their items uploaded, and make the site live. They make a little over a thousand dollars a month working (less than) part-time. They're teens, and it's been a great lesson in responsibility. I think it's worth a try, if it's something you're interested in.

Are they selling their own stuff? Or is it all online like dropshipping or affiliate offers? Sounds great, but might be difficult if not got your own stuff to sell.

I don't see why not. I know that Etsy has enabled many people to create businesses using their site -- it kind of put me in the mind of eBay when people first started creating stores & selling their handmade items. And lots of people are still doing well with eBay. I guess it all depends on whether you're using a solidly based website, and whether you're selling quality items. If you combine that with some decent marketing -- man, you've got yourself a real money-making company.

I'm not going to lie here - that is extremely impressive at their age. However it's not just the site - it's what they are doing to promote it.

A lot of people (not you) get hung up on the site itself, and that becomes their stumbling block. A site should look professional, but with so many easy to use programs it's not like you really have to know any html code anymore
to get what you need. The traffic generation is always the most important part. Conversion ratios aren't nearly as
important when your traffic is through the roof.

One thing that I find really attractive about those premade ecommerce sites (like zazzle, cafepress, shopify, etc.) is that they handle the billing for you, and take care of security too. Shopping cart & payment processing integration is a pain in the neck.

You can make money with those kind of sites if you know what you are doing, but think about this: If a site like that can generate more money than it costed you then why don't the seller keep the site for himself? The answer is simple... It is true that the site he sells is fully set up and functional, but the hard part awaits for you. You have to rank it on google :) With services like this, you pay for the site creation, setup, keyword research, and content generation, but SEO is usually not included so it won't just start making money on autopilot.

So in your opinion, what would be the best way to set up SEO on these already "pre-made" sites? By opening a blog with them? The only sites that I've really seen "pre-made" are e-commerce type sites which require whole sale or drop shipping. Which both scenarios can be fine, but how would you rank those type of e-commerce sites in the SERP's via SEO without a blog or something attached?

MI
Back