The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Don?t Be Afraid of Those Big Niches

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I posted this on the blog, but had concerns about posting this on the forum because we have so many brand new newbies. So I just need to caution again, if you are brand new and don't even know how to build a site or do PPC, I don't think this is the place to start. But for affiliates with a little experience this is a good read.

=======================================

Are you trying to dig for gold in small micro niches due to fear of competition in the big niches? If so you aren't alone. It's a common train of thought and often taught that you should stay away from the big competitive niches especially when you are a newbie.

Well here is a refreshing look from the other side. Derek at the Click Consultants blog goes into the reasons you should indeed go after the more competitive big money niches.

Derek focuses on PPC and sometimes recommends new affiliates jump right into these big markets. I would caution that brand new newbies should not try this unless possibly you are working with someone like Derek who's guiding you. However this is a really good read to open up your mind to the possibilities and he makes some good points.

<strong><a href="http://www.clickconsultants.com/dont-be-afraid-of-big-niches">Don’t Be Afraid of Big Niches</a></strong>

Big niches are more saturated and there is more competition, but there is also a ton more volume and keywords that work in these niches. In smaller niches, if you start getting into the long tail keywords of 3 or more words, you very quickly realize that you’re just not able to get any decent volume, while in bigger niches, you are able to go into these long tail keywords and still rake in the volume because there are just that many more people searching for these products or services!

<strong>There are also several other big advantages to bigger niches that most affiliates don’t take the time to think about</strong>…

What do you think???

True, also in big niches there are products that actually sell, thats why they are big in the 1st place. Most ppl should stay away from ppc IMO, you could be taken to the cleaners so easily. If you don't know what your doing ur gna get a bad quality score, a bad ctr and ur cpc will skyrocket.

I love pursuing the Big Niches because if you have persistence and endurance to hang around for a long time you will be rewarded.

come to think of it, when i promote small niches, i barely make any money. but with big niches such as a dating niche - that's where i am always getting the sales. i use to be afraid to get into it, but not anymore!

There's more money in the big niches as well as more competition, so you just have to get creative and target a sub-niche or market in a unique way.

I agree. Don't be agraid. What I know for sure is that you don't need to be number one in google search to make very decent living! :p

sounds like a great encouragement. But, I guess, the newbie here still are not encourgaed to do so risky things.

I'm like an intermediate - I'm tearing up in the small niches but got one foot in the big niches...and getting pounded. But at least I'm moving up in the SERPs (slowly though).

i started in a big niche. my fear was of getting into the smaller niches. My concern was that the demand would not be there.... I havent had much success with SEO. Most of my traffic has been PPC, but to be honest im getting tired of adwords. One of my best campaigns just got a super low quality score despite the laser focused content, keywords, ads and landing page.

If one can succeed in smaller niches, chances are that person could have done better with a more competitive niche.
The major problem is not about choosing the niche but choosing the right keywords that will not only be bringing visitors but buyers and also do well in the SERPs with a low PR.

Yes The Big Niches render depth

A few years ago, I used to have a problem with substaining gains because of PPC competition. Now I don't worry about the search engines because of some new tricks I learned. Big niches are allways where I make profit. It's hard to swim in shallow water. I can do fancy strokes in deep water. Yes you can make gains a lot better in the big niches, because there are more hungry prospects.

MI
Back